Friday, 7 September 2012

Hot summer colours !

It's time for the next challenge at The Stamp Man and this time Jill has chosen the theme of hot summer colours ! As usual there is the prize of the £10 voucher to spend online for the winner.
This post is scheduled and hopefully it has worked OK as it's the second one this week as we're away in what I'm hoping is sunny Norfolk !



I started with the background and blended Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon and Fired Brick DI over some white card stock. I then stamped using the Tim Holtz Mixed Media stamp set. For the vertical panel I used the same colours and also used the Tim Holtz Allegro mask and very lightly blended Black Soot DI over it.


The trumpet is from the Aspect of Design Classical Instruments stamp set is stamped onto Speciality Stamping Paper then I've blended DI around the edge but leaving it a little rough so look like paint strokes. The word jazz is made using the Tim Holtz WordPlay die and I've blended Black Soot DI over the letters and then  used a Gold Mixative over the top. I added a type charm, button and pearls to finish.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love these hot colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! Love the colors and the treble clef! Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well judging by the weather here you are having a glorious time. Your card what can I say, I love Jazz I love that stamp set and I love your work XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy hot colours - fabulous jazz image and I love your layers and letters!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm fabulous Sue, what a great theme and colours to match.
    I bet you are sizzling in the hot weather we are having. Hope you are having fun.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another inspirational creation.The colours are wonderful.Hope these bright colours reflect the weather for your away days :)Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice of images and colours here Sue. Love it. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!