Wednesday, 5 September 2012

The Great Outdoors !

It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and Linda has challenged us to create a project with the theme of the Great Outdoors and also to include a quote about the great outdoors/nature too! Do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work !


I have to admit I was a little stumped when I saw the challenge theme then I remembered a set of Aspects of Design stamps I had stashed away in a drawer. I blended some DI over white card stock and then stamped onto it. The quote is cut out using the Movers & Shapers Mini Labels die and I've added some eyelets and twine. The map was downloaded from the Graphics Fairy and I've distressed it with DI.


I've used the Tim Holtz Filmstrip die and blended Walnut Stain DI over it. The word Postcard is from the Artistic Outpost Ephemera stamp set and I've masked off the rest of the stamp as I only wanted the words. The background is stamped with a stamp from the Tim Holtz Curiosities stamp stamp and I've stamped over the top with the Stampin' up Sanded stamp.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


12 comments:

  1. Sue, die Karte ist wunderschön.
    Herrliche Farben und großartig in Szene gesetzt.
    Ich freue mich über diese schöne Arbeit.

    Ganz liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue
    This is amazing and I don't think you could have picked a more perfect stamp for that theme. The colours and embellishments, everything is perfection.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Sue! Love the way you did the mini label... it's fantastic embellished that way. All your layers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic, you've created a wonderful tag scene, so many details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue what a stunning piece. I love all the elements from the cours/stamps and embellies. TFS x Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've really brought that image to life here Sue. Great choice of colours. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout and design of this.The colors are great.:)Jacqueline.s

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous gorgeous postcard Sue!!! I love the scene...I can imagine it! The blue really makes you think about what it would look like IRL. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous piece Sue, would never have thought this made you think, it looks as though you had it all sussed out from the very beginning. Love it.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful is this Sue, love the colours and stamping, it all works so fantastically together. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the challenge Sue and your creation came together beautifully.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the layered map and image, beautiful colours - and the sentiment is absolutely fantastic - gorgeous card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!