Wednesday, 3 October 2012

A different kind of tag !

Happy Wednesday everyone ! It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie. This time the uber talented Anita has set our task and here's what Anita has to say:

I love making tags and there is sooo much you can do on a tag, BUT sometimes I need a slight change up. This fortnight show us a tag, BUT alter it somehow. Change it's shape, cut it up, add several to make a book, flip it upside down, whatever, just don't let us see a regular tag. Repeating..."No regular tags this fortnight!" Let's see how creative you can be, AND use Autumn or Halloween as your theme.




So I decided to make a tag book ! The front cover is made using the Spritz and Flick technique and lots of Distress Inks. The stamps are from Artistic Outpost Birds of a Feather set. The bird cage is stamped onto Grunge Paper that I've blended DI over and then cut out. The large flower is cut from Kraft Glassine paper using the Tattered flowers die and I've screwed the flower up and then rubbed Walnut Stain DI over it and added a hitch fastener to the centre. The book is closed with a toggle button.


For the second tag I tried the technique that Anita shared recently using Ink Refresher and Perfect Pearls. I stamped over the top using a stamp from the Tim Holtz Mixed Media set. The pumpkins are a PaperArtsy stamp that I've painted using Distress Markers. I've used the Tim Holtz Autumn Garland die for the leaves. The sentiment on the small tag is from the Artistic Outpost Flower Market stamp set.


This tag is one I made a couple of weeks ago with this project in mind. Lots of Fresco Finish paint and stencils. The details can be found here.


The last tag was sprayed with Dylusions Pure Sunshine and then I've blended DI around the edge. The tree was stamped using Olive Archival ink. The leaves are cut from Kraft Glassine paper using the Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die. I've painted some of them using Fresco Finish paints, dried them and then screwed them up again. I used some stencils and paint for the background.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.




14 comments:

  1. Wow what amazing, wonderful great work, i can not describe how much i like your work. That colours and stamps are fabulous and the whole work is such beautiful.

    greetings
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wooow, Sue! Utterly stunning - the stamping, stencilling, colours... I'm so in love with your tag book, it's outstanding!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous - love the design, all the wonderful stamping and the fall colors are outstanding. I must try one of these tag books - a stunning piece of work!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take my breath away! Wow, this is gorgeous, Sue! Love all the beautiful Fall layers! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been catching up on all the posts I've missed recently, awesome projects and this one is stunning.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just divine Sue.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly detailed and has a wonderful nostalgic feel to it, I really like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, love it :) loving the autumn colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning tag book, gorgeous textures and colours. love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful tag book Sue!! Love the layers of stamping accents and the effects you achieved with the distress inks and perfect pearls~ really rich!! I'm so happy to be on the DT with you~ Hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome tag booklet, love all tags, they are so different and with love combined, I'm excited!Great colors and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous and very inspirational project Sue. I hope to take part this month. TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooo beautiful and inspirational! Love the idea AND how you put all of the lovely details together.

    Hugs,
    die amelie xx

    PS: thank you again for the great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue, your tag book is sensational! Love all your stamping and how each page is different, yet comes together as one book. Really great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!