Sunday, 14 October 2012

Another birthday !

Well that's another week end that's zoomed by ! The weather's been beautitful so I've not spent much time indoors so not alot of time for crafting. The card I'm sharing is one I made last week, it's an order for my sister to give to her eldest daughter.



The card is an 8 x 8 size which I have to admit I'm growing to love! I've used lots of Crafty Individuals stamps to create the background and the left panel. I took part in the Last Days of summer challenge which meant I got a 25% off code, so it would have been rude not to use it ! I've used a combination of Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Seedless Preserves DI over the background. The side panel has been made using the Crafty Individuals little ticket stamps and I've then used a stencil over the top and sponged Seedless Preserves DI over it. The hinges are made from metal and they are the ends of the lock from the Tim Holtz Hardware die. I've used the nylon tip tool to create some texture on them and then used black acrylic paint over the top. The key is also cut from metal using the same die and given the same treatment. The numbers have been cut from metal using the Word Play die


The main image is another Crafty Individuals stamp which is so lovely I didn't want to do much with it. The filigree metal flower is from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique and the button layered on top is from an old jacket.


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sue. Love your choice of colours - rich and soft at the same time. Bet your neice will love it. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, Sue - love the layers of beautiful elements, gorgeous colours, and that wonderful image! Love the 8x8 - so much room to play!! Have a great week...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, Sue. You always so such lovely vintage work. I love your layering of papers and ephemera on your work. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours and layers Sue, a beautifully designed card as always. Bet your niece lives it.
    Have a good week.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully collaged Sue. I love all the elements in this truly inspired piece, which will be treasured.

      TFS
      Annie x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous, beautiful card Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that my new computer works and I'm able to visit all my friends in blogland again. You've been very busy and creative during the last time. Much to see :)
    Love the colors sheme of this card, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the purple!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue,
    This is a breathtaking card.
    Such detail and all that wonderful stamping, very special.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your style Sue. Elegance personified. I would never have thought of that colour combination but it most certainly works beautifully. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!