Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Anything BUT a card with a twist !

Hello everyone ! It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this time it's my turn to choose the theme for the next 2 weeks.

So, without further a do, this is what we want to see Anything BUT a card with a twist, which is you must include somewhere to hide something, this could be a flap, an envelope, a pocket or even a gift box with something inside ! Let your imagination run wild ! And don't forget, have fun !



I decided to make a gift box which just perfect for a small pair of ear rings for one of my niece's who has just turned 21. I made the box from white card stock and then used acrylic paint to age it. I then made panels for the sides and top of the lid. I 've used Distress Inks and then stamped with Archival Sepia ink using stamps from the Artistic Outpost Birds of a Feather set. I glued a Filigree corner just around the edge so that the little card would slot into it. The sentiment is from a Wendy Vecchi stamp set. The gorgeous lace is crocheted lace from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique.



I made the rose from a Paper Artsy Grunge Flower die and sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Biscotti mist.



I made another little card to go inside the box along with the earrings and stamped it again using Archival Sepia ink.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the Frilly side of the DT's fabulous work ! 




13 comments:

  1. wow, Sue this is gorgeous.... beautiful flower!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Teresa's Wow!!! Beautiful Sue! I love that big, showy flower, that rich, color mixed with the sepia stamping and the way you used the lace with the flower is really delightful! Love the little card too! Hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, you always do such beautiful work! Love the sepia tones and vintage goodness! What a great flower! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Sue, your gift box is totally gorgeous! I'm sure your niece will treasure it and reuse it many times in years to come. What a fun challenge you've given us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful giftbox, the flower and the lace are perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic box, with gorgeous trimmings. I'm sure it will be treasured.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful keepsake for your niece!!! It's beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought it was an album...and then it was a BOX!!! I love it! It looks like leather, and so does that rose! Fabulous!!!!! Gorgeous make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just really beautiful Sue! Lovely color palette and that stamping on the top is sensational - and so is the lace and the flower. I think I would like the box better than the earrings - LOL! What a fun challenge you have for us this time around!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, what a gorgeous keepsake box. Perfect for storing little trinkets in. Beautifully made and stamped. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolute delight! The box is so beautiful with those warm, vintage peachy browns. Gorgeous stamping and distressing - I've no doubt your niece will treasure it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue, Your little box is a treasure trove all by itself, no need for any content. It exudes warmth. Gorgeous creation. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful box with amazing details -- Love all of your elements!! :)

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!