Sunday, 21 October 2012

Halloween or Halloween colours at FSC

Well that's another 2 weeks done and dusted ! That also means it's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. For this challenge the lovely Meggymay has chosen Halloween or Halloween colours. Now, I'm not a big fan of Halloween but I do love the colour combo associated with it.


First of all this must be the hardest project I've ever had to photograph ! I guess taking a photograph under artificial light is never easy but this time it takes the biscuit ! Anyway, I decided to make a little book to write down all the notes on products I 'need' and ideas for future projects. I've used mount board for the covers, and first of all I used a stencil and spread Viva Terra, which is a textured pasted, over it. Once it was dry I then painted the covers with black arcylic paint. I've loved seeing the projects that Lin Brown has been making with Liquid Leaf. I don't have any of that so I dug out my Viva Precious Metal paints and using some wet 'n' dry foam I gently rubbed some over the raised areas. I painted some along the edges of the raised areas too, to highlight them. I also rubbed some paint around the edges and then mixed some Fresco Finish paint to create the colour purple and sponged it over the top of some of the paint.


I painted a piece of crinoline with watered down Fresh Finish paints and once dry I stamped the word 'notes' with Plum Archival ink. I've used a piece of wadding behind the crinoline so that it was padded. The butterfly is made using the Mini Butterflies die and Tim Holtz Foil Tape. I've done some scribbling over it and then used alcohol inks. I glued a small piece of florist stub wire to the back of the cog so that it would act as a buckle and threaded some dyed seam binding through it. 


For the back cover I left it with just the stencilling and you can see the paint effect a little better as well.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and make sure you check out the fabulous work of the rest of the DT.


21 comments:

  1. Wow, Sue, you've created a breathtaking book, it looks wonderful in these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stencilled textures and paint effects Sue, such a fabulous book.
    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue I love your notebook. Fabulous colour and a great take on the challenge theme at FSC. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sue I love your notebook. Fabulous colour and a great take on the challenge theme at FSC. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo wonderful!!!! Looks like a real treasure, to treasure precious thoughts inside!!!

    Gorgeous!

    die amelie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great texture and colour Sue...you are going to looove using this for your notes, ideas and lists.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, what a stunning notebook. I love the effect you've created with the texture and the precious metal paints, its really beautiful.Hope you're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those colour tones Sue :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very inspiring Sue. Love the way you have really highlighted that texture and the butterfly is perfect. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous notebook, Love the stenciled paste, gives a wonderful texture and sheen with those paints. Stunning.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. I am a huge fan of notebooks anyway but this is particularly gorgeous.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous notebook Sue, the colours and texture just amazing. Fantastic work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love the textures, a fantastic book. Also what a great idea to have a place to keep a crafty 'wish list'.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue, this is exceptional! I can hardly believe the patina you've created, just like burnished metal... it's utterly beautiful! What a wonderful place to keep note of your desires and ideas...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue! This is a fascinating project. I love it! Have a fabulous week. Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sue, this is absolutely gorgeous... I adore all that rich texture and deep coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning use of Halloween colors! Love this, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really fabulous notebook cover Sue. The textures and colour look totally amazing and the embellishing is gorgeous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a delicious notebook Sue you should feel very proud everytime you write in it.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. SWOON!!! What a fabulous background...dark and grungy, yet elegant and classy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo I love your notebook covers Sue, they are stunning. I have never tried anything like this but your work has inspired me to have a go. Could you tell me the name of the mask you used. Hugs
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!