First of all this must be the hardest project I've ever had to photograph ! I guess taking a photograph under artificial light is never easy but this time it takes the biscuit ! Anyway, I decided to make a little book to write down all the notes on products I 'need' and ideas for future projects. I've used mount board for the covers, and first of all I used a stencil and spread Viva Terra, which is a textured pasted, over it. Once it was dry I then painted the covers with black arcylic paint. I've loved seeing the projects that Lin Brown has been making with Liquid Leaf. I don't have any of that so I dug out my Viva Precious Metal paints and using some wet 'n' dry foam I gently rubbed some over the raised areas. I painted some along the edges of the raised areas too, to highlight them. I also rubbed some paint around the edges and then mixed some Fresco Finish paint to create the colour purple and sponged it over the top of some of the paint.
I painted a piece of crinoline with watered down Fresh Finish paints and once dry I stamped the word 'notes' with Plum Archival ink. I've used a piece of wadding behind the crinoline so that it was padded. The butterfly is made using the Mini Butterflies die and Tim Holtz Foil Tape. I've done some scribbling over it and then used alcohol inks. I glued a small piece of florist stub wire to the back of the cog so that it would act as a buckle and threaded some dyed seam binding through it.
For the back cover I left it with just the stencilling and you can see the paint effect a little better as well.
I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and make sure you check out the fabulous work of the rest of the DT.