Monday, 1 October 2012

New Challenge at The Stamp Man

Hello again, this is my second post today ! It's a day of changes as over at The Stamp Man we're moving to a monthly challenge starting on the first of the month. The challenge starting today is Butterflies, bees and bugs. Make sure you hop over to the main blog to find out all about the new look and also check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.


The card I'm sharing with you today is a birthday card for a friend whose birthday is tomorrow. I started with the background and used a stamp from the Tim Holtz Fabulous Flourishes set and stamped with white acrylic paint. I then used Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves DI and blended it over the top and then wiped over the top with a damp piece of kitchen roll. I then blended more of the same colours onto white CS and stamped it with the text stamp from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set and the used Peacock Feathers DI to stamp the honeycomb from the Mixed Media stamp set.


The butterfly stamp is also a Tim Holtz stamp which I've stamped over the top of the text. The flower is made from Crinoline using the Mini Tattered Flowers die and the centre is from the Ideaology Foliage.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and as it's open for the month of October you've got plenty of time !

11 comments:

  1. The colors are gorgeous! The card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, beautiful colours and I love the crinoline flower and lace

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Sue. I love the colours and layers. I am sure your friend will treasure this card. Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beauty Sue. love those colours!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card Sue. Love the inky effects and the pretty colours.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. Reminds me of hydrangeas in their different shades. Off to check out The Stamp Man challenge now. Sounds good. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous blend of colours Sue and a wonderful finished card. I bet your friend loves it.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW what can I say, this is just stunning.
    I love the colours.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning card with beautiful images and wonderful colours. I'm sure it was a big hit when you gave it to your friend.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful. I love the colouring/blending. Nicola

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!