Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Tic Tac Toe anyone?

It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this time the lovely Linda, and owner of Frilly and Funkie has set the task of playing Tic Tac Toe !

It's quite simple just choose a line from the grid vertically, horizontally or diagonally and make sure you use all 3 elements in your project ! As I've not got round to obtaining the Metallic Distress Stains yet, which I need to rectify! I chose the line of lace, crackle paint and buttons.



I started with the background and stamped the snowflakes from the Artistic Outpost Sleigh Ride set with white acrylic paint. Once dry I then blended Iced Spruce DI over the top. The borders are made using the On the Edge Snow Flurries die and I've used more Iced Spruce DI and also stamped the snowflakes with the same ink over them.


I cut the centre panel from some thick cardboard using the Vintage Cabinet die. I then painted it with white acrylic paint and used the Paper Artsy Crackle Glaze and mixed the colour for the top coat. When it was dry I then stamped over the crackle using an old Rubber Stampede text stamp and also the pine cone stamp from the Artistic Outpost Midwinter stamp set. The main image is from the Sleigh Ride set and I've cut it out using a Nestability. The tag is stamped with another stamp from the Sleigh Ride set and I've added a little wooden Prima button.


I do hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the fantastic work of the rest of the DT.





8 comments:

  1. You so need to be a Funkie...lol!!! I LOVE this! The crackle makes me happy! And yes, you need those Metallic DS...you will love them. I'm almost out of my 2 round of them! Love the image you choose as well! Absolutely gorgeous make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation Sue!! Love the crackle finish, inky treatments and beautiful colors!!! Beautiful~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inky project, love the layers and the colour.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue - this is so gorgeous... love the crackle on the arch, and it looks so cool with the text stamp over it! Love the AO image, and Iced Spruce may be my new favourite colour!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, that's such a beautiful card, love the colors and the use of the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue saw this on F&F it is stunning. Love the stamps x TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wunderschön, Sue, ich liebe diesen Stempel.
    Und du hast das traumhaft mit der Spitze umgesetzt.
    Ganz herrlich.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty combination of blues and green! Brilliant use of the snowflake die! Love this, Sue! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!