Monday, 1 October 2012

VSC's first challenge !

Happy Monday everyone ! Today is a little different in as much as this is the first day of a brand new vintage challenge called Vintage Stamping Challenges. We are sponsored by Flonzcraft who have a wonderful assortment of vintage style stamps as well as many others and who are also giving away a $20 prize each month to spend in their store. For the first challenge we've picked a really easy one which is Anything Goes and you've got a whole month to enter !


This is a card I made for my other half's birthday a few weeks back. I sprayed a piece of white CS with Dylusions sprays then stamped it with a Paper Artsy dotty stamp. I used an Artistic Outpost stamp and Olive Archival ink for the text panel and I've punched down the side using a Stampin' Up punch.



The main image is a Flonzcraft stamp and I've stamped it onto Speciality Stamping paper then masked it off and stamped over the top of it. I blended some DI around the edge and added the filigree corners. The little black bird was stamped onto black shrink pastic, cut out and then shrunk ! A bit of corrugated cardboard and Burlap to finish.

I hope you get chance to join us for our first challenge and make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work. 


10 comments:

  1. Hi Sue this card is such a vibrant eye catcher and I am sure your OH loved it. Amazing layering which finishes with such a lovable image in the centre.

    Congrats on the new Design Team.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card Sue. So much attention to detail as ever. Sounds like an interesting new challenge. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful vibrant card Sue, lovely layers as always.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Sue, such marvelous colours and stamping!
    Good look with the new Vintage challenge blog!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a romantic card Sue, it would make a great valentine's card too I think. I love the vibrant green it makes the main image really stand out. A really great card Sue.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, where do you find time to paticipate in all those DT's? LOL
    Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue
    A stunning card and I cannot wait to see your future DT projects.
    Beautiful colour, just that little bit different.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely card ! the bird stamp is beautiful and I love how you masked it and stamped over it, also that cute little blackbird , fab

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely Sue. The birds are adorable and I love the colour and all the fabulous texture.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new challenge blog - and this is such a lovely piece of inspiration.. brilliant fresh greens and those lovely layers - love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!