Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Colours at VSC !

It's time for the next challenge at the Vintage Stamping Challenge and this time we're looking for some colour ! In particular the colours we would like to see are red, green, blue or purple. Now if you can combine all of  these colours in your work that's great but we're just as happy to see one of them. Which is a good job as I was having a blue phase when I made my card !


I thought this little guy was quite sweet on his sledge and he gave me the impression he was whizzing down a snowy slope which gave me the idea of creating some snowy hills in the background. I used a torn piece of paper and a piece of artist's sponge then sponged Iced Spruce and Salty Ocean DI over the edge of the paper. The little snowflakes are also stamped with Salty Ocean DI. I used the advert stamp from Tim Holtz's Mini Holidays set and did some second generation stamping on some white card and stamped the word Postcard from the same set with Cobalt Archival ink. I covered some white card with Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap and then used the Doily die and blended some DI over it. For the background I used a stencil and Iced Spruce and Salty Ocean DI again. I also stamped some snowflakes from the Mini Holidays stamp set using Cobalt Archival ink and stamped some white dots using white acrylic paint and a Wendy Vecchi stamp.


The main image is a Flonz stamp and I've painted him using Distress Markers. The sentiment is from an Artistic Outpost set and is cut out using the Movers & Shapers labels die. I dyed some seam binding with Faded Denim Distress Stains and I also dyed the hemp I used to tie the bow and added some little crystal beads.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and remember there is the $20 voucher up for grabs to spend in the Flonzcraft online store for the winner.


11 comments:

  1. Really stunning card Sue. Such a sweet image and the shades of blue on your inky panels are just gorgeous. Love the bow too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic card, Sue. Love this image, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sue. All your inking is beautiful - the blend of blue hues so lovely. Sweet little image too. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable image, and your blues look wonderful on and around him! Gorgeous card, Sue...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous wintry card Sue.
    Hope your week is going well.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that little man is as sweet as can be! Love the wintery hills in the background! Very pretty card! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wie süß, diese Karte ist der absolute Wintertraum.
    Ich bin ganz verliebt in das kleine Schlittenkind.
    Der Hintergrund ist einfach sensationell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that snowy background and the crystals on the bow. I can hear the crunching from here!! Thanks for your lovely comment. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and snowy and I like the touches of dyed seam binding.
    A gorgeous card Sue.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card as always Sue, you are such a master of vintage! I love this little chap and those snowy hills are a wonderful backdrop for him. Hope you're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just the cutest Sue everything about it looks such fun and more. Very very clever card can't help but give everyone loads of inspiration sweets. Thanks for everything.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!