Thursday, 1 November 2012

Emboss it !

So where did October go ? I can't believe we're into November already, which also means it's the next challenge over at The Stamp Man. For the next month we want to see embossing, this could be dry embossing or heat embossing, or both !


I received the December edition of the Craft Stamper magazine earlier this week and fell in love with the free stamp. I stamped the background using this stamp and Archival Vermillion and Olive inks. I've used a Sizzix snowflake EF and blended Festive Berries, Evergreen Bough and a little Gathered Twigs DI over it. I've then sprinkled a little gold EP around the edge to add a little shine. I used an embossing diffuser for the main panel and stamped santa in the centre.


The holly leaves have been cut using the Tim Holtz Holly Branch die. I stuck Claudine Helmuth's sticky back canvas onto some Grunge Paper, cut the leaves out and then embossed them with the snowflake EF. I've then rubbed Evergreen Bough DI over them and also sprinkled a little gold EP around the edges of the leaves.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


7 comments:

  1. How wonderful, such a great Christmas card. Love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, never mind October, where have the other months gone to as well ?!!!!!
    Beautifully nostalgic.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Officially stunning Sue! I love this colour combination and aren't those diffusers addictive?! Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Sue,fab detailing and layout.Wonderful colours used here too.Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, the design and details look great.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card - love the simplicity of the b&w stamping, surrounded by all that festive colour and detail!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Sue, I've also used that stamp on a DT piece coming up soon. It stamps beautifully.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!