Sunday, 18 November 2012

Home Sweet Home !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and the lovely Yvonne had chosen Home Sweet Home. This challenge is really well timed for me as I have 4 new home cards to make at the moment, so here's the first !


I wanted to use bright colours for this card as it's for my one of my niece's and she's definitely not a pastel kind of girl ! I used Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade DI for the background. I stamped the large flower with Spiced Marmalade and the smaller one with Peacock Feathers and used a little Brushed Corduroy around the edge. I've used a Darkroom Door stamp set for the centre panel and stamped it lots of times in different directions and then blended Peacock Feathers and Ripe Persimmon DI over it. I did a little spritz and flick and then mounted it onto some black card.


The house shape is cut using the Tim Holtz Artful Dwellings die and I've embossed it with the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes EF. The numbers are cut using the Vintage Market die and I've used Metallic Distress Stains to colour them. The centre panel is stamped with another Darkroom Door stamp and I've cut it out using a Nestability. The crocheted lace is by May Arts and the ribbon is seam binding, which has been dyed using Peacock Feathers re-inker. I stamped the house, which is also from the Darkroom Door set, with black Stazon onto shrink plastic and attached it to the bow with a small link ring.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fantastic work.

I am entering this card in to The Artistic Stamper challenge which is Anything Goes. 


22 comments:

  1. WOW, what a beauty, always stamped to perfection, and loving those colours, especially the peacock feather, stunning. Have a lovelt Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, wow...I love the colours on this! I think bright colours are just right for a new home. The metal charm on the bow is a wonderful finish too.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choice of colours for this one Sue. The theme for this challenge has come at a perfect time for me too:) Can't wait to join in. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, such a fantastic card, great background and wonderful texture.
    Have a wonderful sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning card Sue! The colours are gorgeous and love all the textures on there.
    Hugs, Fliss cc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sue. Love all the colours and textures. I am getting a Big Shot from Santa and when I see all your beautiful die work here it makes me super excited about my pressie! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love the textures and colours.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, Sue! Some of my favorite color combinations and how cool is that house! Great house welcoming card for your niece! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous colour combo on your great card ;) Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper this month.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue
    That's a lot of New Home cards to make!
    This has a lovely contemporary feel to it and gorgeously inky.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely card Sue, love the vibrant colours on the backgrounds.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those vibrant colours Sue!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like your home card Sue! So well done. Hope all is well. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue,this is lovely,what great colours love the detailing and texture to this card.Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's so beautiful - such heartwarming colours, and the various layers - embossed, text, decorative - are gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Sue, the colours are so rich and there is so much attention to detail. A real stunner
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eine super Idee und eine großartige Karte, liebe Sue.

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card - brilliant idea to use the form of a house instead of a stamp with a house....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous colours and textures Sue, I am sure the recipient will love it.
    Have a great week.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous card, Sue! Love the colors you chose and the repeating 'no place like home'... makes me smile just to hear those words.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The thing that really stood out for me when I saw your card was the embossed stripes. It's one of my most used EF's and I like to see it used in creations like yours. Love how you take plain paper on every level and ink and stamp to to suit you. A great card that begs to be looked at often.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi,
    Your card is stunning:)
    *Hugs, Inger*

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!