Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Light in the darkness !

EDIT: We've got a slight technical hitch at the moment on the Frilly and Funkie main blog, but if you try later you should be able to leave us your project for the current challenge. 

We've come round to the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this time the lovely Rebecca has chosen the theme of 'Light in the darkness' and here's what Rebecca has to say:

Create with 'light' in mind.  Think candles, bulbs, lanterns, menorahs and all things that brighten this time of year.


I had to give this one some thought as candle or lantern stamps don't feature in my stamp collection ! The stamp I used is a Katzelkraft stamp that I've had for years. I covered the card with Tarnished Brass and Antique Bronze Metallic Distress Stains and I've spritzed it with water and blended the two colours together, then stamped the candles with black Archival ink. I mounted the candles onto a Nestability die cut that I've blended Wild Honey DI over. The vertical panel is stamped with a Christmas script stamp then I've blended Fired Brick and Barn Door DI over. The background has been stamped with a Stampendous swirl stamp, then I blended DI over it and rubbed embossing ink around the edge and sprinkled gold EP over it.


The poinsettia is made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia and I've embossed it using a Cuttlebug EF. I made the stick pin and used an alcohol ink pen to colour the stick. The ribbon is seam binding and I've dyed it using Fired Brick Distress Stains.

Do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.


9 comments:

  1. Fabulous Sue, gorgeous colours and design.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sue.
    I love the Merry Christmas stamp....can you tell me who it's by please.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Sue! Love the vintage colors and that poinsettia! BTW, the current challenge is up on the F&F blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sue. Wonderful stamping as ever, love the nestie and the poinsetta. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful Christmas card, love the poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful challenge, and what a wonderful creation in response to it... there's such a warm glow from your colour combination, and I love that gorgeous background!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful, Sue! Love all the layers on your card, especially that wonderfully textured poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, love the reds. Your combination of colors and die cuts is terrific. Love that poinsettia and stick pin! Terrific eye candy for our visitors this week!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!