Sunday, 25 November 2012

Merry Christmas !

I am slowly ploughing my way through all the New Home, Birthday and Christmas cards I need to make. I can definitely say I am now in a Christmassy mood ! We went to the Festive Fair at the NEC yesterday and now I have a 2 foot Santa standing on the hearth ! So, here's one of the cards I've made, this is one that I plan to make several of as it's quite simple to put together and time is definitely of the essence !


I stamped the background with the gorgeous Crafty Individuals swirl stamp and embossed it with gold EP. I then blended Aged Mahogany, Barn Door and Fired Brick DI over it. The vertical panel is stamped with Olive Archival ink and the stamp is an Elusive Images stamp.



The Poinsettia is made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die. I've used a Katzelkraft music stamp and stamped randomly over the flower and then blended DI over it. The gold swirls are made using the Festive Garland die and I've used gold EP over them. The centre is was covered with Glossy Accents and then sprinkled little gold balls over it. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Mini Holidays stamp set and is cut out using the Wonky Rectangle Nestabilities. The ribbon is gold May Arts crocheted lace.

I'm entering this card into the Crafty Individuals challenge with is Festive Sparkle.


12 comments:

  1. Such a very beautiful card Sue - lovely use of the swirl stamp, and everything else too. Thanks for joining us in the November CI Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! I love how the flowers turned out. You are always so creative and talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent poinsettia, and a fabulous card - great stamping!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sue.
    I wish I had had more time for stamping my Christmas cards this year. I so badly need a good stamping session.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is stunning Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful design Sue, I can see why you will make several of them for Christmas cards. The background is gorgeous and the poinsettia sits magnificently on it.
    Thanks for sharing this at CI this month.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Stamping!! Especially love the poinsetta. Beautiful make. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful Christmas card in great color combination, just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant Sue, beautiful use of the swirl stamp.
    Thank you for joining us at the CI Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful Christmas card. I just love how you take those plains bits of cardstock and turn them into wonderfully patterned pieces. And that poinsettia, coloured with it's golden glow, is a delight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely christmas card! Great use of the distress inks -very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!