Sunday, 11 November 2012

Pretty in Pink !

I'm busy making birthday cards at the moment as I have quite a few family birthdays just before Christmas. You would think by now I would be organised and have them made so I can concentrate on Christmas......mmmmm well maybe not !


I started with the background and blended Tattered Rose DI over some white card. Then I screwed the card up into ball and carefully unfolded it and use Victorian Velvet DI and rubbed it over the top. It highlights the creases in the card created from screwing it up. Then I ironed it flat and stamped the flourishes and text which are Katzelkraft stamps. I stuck some Tissue Wrap to some white card and die cut the doily using the Tim Holtz die. The gorgeous cage is a Poppy die and I've stamped the french text over it and blended some DI around the edges. I've slipped the text in between the cage bars, which is made from a Crafty Individuals stamp as is the Just for You text.



The main image is a Katzelkraft stamp and the word Paris is an Elusive Images stamp. The gorgeous brad is a Marah Johnson, and if anyone knows where I can buy these I would love to know as I can't find them anywhere ! The little ticket is also a Crafty Individuals stamp and the beautiful lace is from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique, which has a 10% sale at the moment so well worth hopping over there.

I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is Inspiration Francais and the Our Creative Corner which is to make your own background. 

It's been a beautiful day today so we've managed to get out and about and enjoy the gorgeous Autumn colours that are still on the trees. I hope you've all had a wonderful week end too !


15 comments:

  1. Hello. I came via SSS to see your Inspiration Fraicaise, This is a very pretty card and I love all the details you added to make this a stand out creation. And your brad is very pretty and I can see why you'd want some more. I found 2 in stock at this site - http://www.scrapbookingmom.com/index.php?productID=7710 - HTH. While I was googling Creative Imagination brads I found some really cool stuff that would be great in my stash too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Sue and the colours and design are so pretty! Love the look of your scrunching, an excellent effect.

    Great that you've been out and about seeing the colours, I always find that invigorating at this time of year.

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue....this card is exquisite! I so love your Tattered Rose choice for the background color. The Victorian Velvet on your high crease areas is very effective! I love your design. The beautiful die cuts and the stamped dress form are perfect for this card! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Sue - the romantic blush of pink throughout is gorgeous, and I love the layers and wonderful birdcage - ooh la la for sure!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sue
    What a glorious and exquisite card, it has a touch of Vintage and a touch of Shabby, which are two genres I love.
    You have created a great Bg.
    Thank you so very much for joining us this week on Our Creative Corner, we are so thrilled to see your work.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sue. I love all the elements so beautifully colaged.

    Crafty Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. French Perfection and so pretty in pink! Love the vintage feel and all the design elements! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty card, love all the layers and textures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue...a gorgeous vintage creation! So feminine, lucky rel/friend who is getting this one!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so elegant! Perfect for a Parisian inspired card! Glad you joined us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty in Pink a perfect title for this wonderful card. I adore all the beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful such what fine detailing.Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Sue, such a beautiful shade of pink and love the way you have weaved Carte Postale in the bird cage, so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're not alone, I have 6 birthday in November and can NEVER get organised with it..LOL. I vote we nominate new days for them!! Some time in the summer preferably. ;)
    Sue, your card is layered with amazing techniques and wonderful stamping and inking. You've created a vintage wonderland here and whoever gets this will be beyond pleased! Love that brad too...I'm keeping my eyes for them now.
    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again next week!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous project! Unusual colors. Looks so pretty and classy!
    Thanks for joining us at OCC.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!