Saturday, 8 December 2012

In the Bleak Mid Winter

The current challenge over at The Stamp Man is The Bleak Mid Winter and here is my DT post for the challenge.


I've used lots of Distress Ink for this card, and the stamps are from the Tim Holtz stamps sets Mini Holidays, Reindeer Flight and the ticket is from the Odds and Ends set. The reindeer has been cut out using a circle Nestability and the scalloped Nestability has been embossed and then covered with glitter EP.



The background has been stamped using second generation stamping for both the trees and the snowflakes. The border is made using the Tim Holtz On the Edge Die, Snow Flurries. I've cut it from Grunge Paper and then covered it with Distress Stains in Faded Jeans and Brushed Pewter. The snowflake is wooden and I've covered it with the glitter EP.

I'm almost at the end of my Christmas cards now, and I have to admit I am looking forward to doing something different ! 

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


14 comments:

  1. Wow, Sue - this is just gorgeous! I love the frosty white and blues, and your background is yummy... Lovely, subtle glamour to the sparkliness too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning piece Sue. Love it
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous Sue, such a beautiful use of inks and amazing attention to detail.
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have made the perfect winter Christmas card here Sue. You have so many elements happening that then all unite beautifully for a brilliant cold and sparkly scene. A triumph! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Winter scene! Love the snowflake and tree background! Well, I actually love everything about this! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was für eine herrliche Winter-Karte.
    Der Hintergrund ist bezaubernd schön, die ganze Szene ist ein winterlicher Traum.

    Ich wünsche dir einen schönen 2. Advent,
    liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, you've created a wonderful card, so many fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background. I love the stamp and snowflakes too. Overall stunning make Sue

    TFS
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really are the queen of inking Sue I can feel the chill off the card from here. Fabulous stamping as usual.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sue.....your card is stunning.
    My favourite colours and snowflakes too...fabulous.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, indeed. I lobe the background and how you used that on-the-edge die pointed down. For some reason I always orient them inwards, and I really love the way you've used it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beauty indeed is right! Love the blues, love the reindeer, love the snow!!! Fabulous and eye candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That background sets up the whole card perfectly Sue. This is just wonderful - so much inspiration. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!