Sunday, 16 December 2012

Mask it !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and the theme this time has been chosen by the lovely Claire. The challenge for you is to use a masking technique.


I made this card for one of my niece's whose birthday was at the beginning of December. She absolutely adores the colour purple so I wanted to balance the neutral with different shades of the colour. I started with the background, which is also where I did my masking. The stamps I've used are by Artistic Outpost and I used the masking technique on the hot air balloons. I stamped the larger one first, masked it off and then stamped the smaller one.


The main image is a gorgeous Crafty Individuals stamp that I spotted at our local garden centre, who have just started stocking CI stamps (I may have to visit more often!) I painted the small pansy on the image using Distress Markers and the rest of the flowers have been cut using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garland die. The crocheted lace is from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique and the gem clip is a Tim Holtz. Not much to say about this card, but I absolutely loved it and it came together so quickly !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.


24 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, amazing, what a superb and talented crafter you. The stamping is a delight and the touch of purple is the perfect touch. Have a great day. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, the neutral with the shades of purple look fantastic together! I love this main image too, so peaceful and relaxed looking.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful composition. Love your color choices too! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always so eager to hop over here Sue to see what you have made ... never ever disappointed. Another stunner and I am sure your niece loved it.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful card, I'm sure your niece loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love all the details, can see how your niece loved it.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the neutral colors with the pops of purple! Beautiful card with great masking and details! Your niece will love this! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue
    Beautiful.
    Those hints of purple work so perfectly with the neutrals.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how lovely - the girl in the centre is so gorgeous, and I love your balloons! Those purple flowers are delicious - I bet your niece loves it!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it a joy when a card comes together easily and you are so pleased with it? This is a real Sue classic. Stamping to perfection and the right balance of colours. How right were you to put the beautiful purple blooms with a neutral palette. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the purples. You did a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meine Güte, Sue, was ist die Karte schön...
    Die Empfängerin wird sich sehr freuen.

    Herzliche Advents-Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty Sue. The image is so sweet and the purple flowers are just gorgeous against the neutral background.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Sue, really wonderful colours too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sue, it's so beautiful... love the purple against the creams and wow... those stacked flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sue.
    I am just catching up a bit and love your 'masking' sample for FSC, the background is amazing and the shades of purple contrast so well on the vintage colours.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Sue this a real beauty. the backgroud is fab and I love the colour palette you've chosen. Wishing you a Merry Christmas
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Sue! Love the little girl so beautifully 'framed' with the flowers :). Happy New Year to you and your family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sue this is a gorgeous card! Love the neutral colors with the splashes of purple flowers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag where you can find Videos, Gif Images, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Latest Automotive Information with Pictures, latest speedy cars, top vehicles
    TopAmazingCars.BlogSpot.Com

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!