Sunday, 2 December 2012

To die for !

Here we are again on Sunday and also it's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. This time the lovely Joanna has chosen To Die For ! So, as long as you include some die cutting on your project and, of course, some stamping, then why not join us !


This is a project that I've had on the go for several weeks, trying to work on it in between making Christmas, New Home and Birthday cards ! The base structure is a Kaisercraft kit and is MDF that I had great pleasure in using a hammer and some wood to put it together ! Once assembled I gave it 3 coats of white matt emulsion and when it was dry I painted it with black acrylic paint. Then, I used Paper Artsy Fresco Gold paint which, because it is translucent,  lets some of the black show through. All of the numbers were painted with black acrylic paint and then with the gold paint. The boxes have been covered with an assortment of papers and I've swiped black acrylic paint around the edges. There was one extra box so I covered that with paper and added some lace around the top and stuck the large Christmas tree to the top.


I punched the holes in the front of the boxes and dyed some thread with Fired Brick Distress Stains and threaded it through the hole. The little Christmas trees and the wreath are Tim Holtz and I've sprayed them to turn them green. I've then stuck little gems to th trees and I've changed the colours of the jingle bells using an Alcohol Ink pen and attached them using some more dyed thread.


The letters are cut using the Tim Holtz WordPlay die and I've cover Grunge Paper with Basic Grey paper before cutting the letters. The holly on the top on the letter 'n' is made using the Festive foliage die so is the miseltoe. The pince cones are cut using the Tim Holtz Tattered Pine Cone die from Kraft card that I've used some Vintage Photo DI over. The sentiment is from an Artistic Outpost stamp set and I absolutely love it ! The basket was made using the the same die using the fir part of the die and I've cut it from Grunge Paper that I've blended DI over.


I've cover the sides of the box with Basic Grey paper that I've blended DI around the edge to age it.

I'm so pleased I got this finished in time and we're now enjoying the Lindt chocolates that are hidded in each box !

Make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.

I'm also entering this project into the following challenges:





29 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! Your project is just amazing. So much love and ttention have gone into its creation. Congratulations. Have a great week. Best, yvonn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning Christmas advent calendar Sue, the boxes are beautifully made up and perfect for hiding your choccies and the central panel is a wonderful Christmas scene. I love the black and gold idea for the painting.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw a blank one of these and thought it could look good - now I know how good!!! Sue, this is an absolute treasure! It must have taken some time to get it all done and boy was it worth it. Your attention to detail never fails to impress. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a stunning project! Love how you have decorated the inside too, Those TH trees look so much nicer (I think) sprayed green and the other items are just beautifully made. I really admire your pine cones (I can never manage to make mine look that good!!) Love how you did the letters too with the black and gold!

    Thanks for entering this into our challenge over at the Artistic Stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - I am lost for words - this is BEAUTIFUL and superbly crafted. Big WOW here. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue......how gorgeous is that.
    Absolutely stunning!!!
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sue, this is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!! I love every inch of your project, from the black/gold painted finishes, to the little drawers, Christmas tree and the pine cones... I am totally speechless my friend - I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers! That really is stunning. Thanks for playing at The Artisti Stamper this month.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh WOW what a beautiful and fabulous creation, i really do love this, well done...
    thanks for sharing with us at TPC x carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue
    This looks such fun to alter and with so much scope.
    A beautiful piece of Christmas home decor with such amazing detail.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful Chritmas decoration! Sue, you always have such a way with designs and adding the perfect embellishments! I love This!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous!!! Advents are my secret obsession!!! Love the drawers all along the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this. I have my box from last year still to do. This is way inspiring. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue, this is such a beautiful project, and it will be wonderful to use each year. So lovingly made, a real Christmas treasure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Sue what a stunning project, really gorgeous. I'm sure you and your family will treasure it. So many beautiful details, I could look at it all day. Hope you've had a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, absolutely fantastic. It will be a family keepsake for many years.
    Yvoone

    ReplyDelete
  17. Completely stunning - the drawers and frame are absolutely wonderful, and then that gorgeous little scene you've created in the middle - the perfect advent calendar - one almighty WOWOW from me!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh WOW this is gorgeous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Sue, this is a breathtaking advent calendar, I love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Sue...simply stunning! I love the gold on black, it really sets everything else off to perfection. I'm with Claire, you could look at this all day!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, Sue! it looks so fabulous, what a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This is amazing!! I am speechless! Absolutely gorgeous!! Fabulous work!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is absolutely stunning and sure has the matchbox advent box I made a few years ago beat all to heck (mind you the kidlets love it and that's all that matters). I love the little vignette on the inside. This is something that will make you both smile each year when you bring it out and fill it with little treasures.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! An awesome creation Sue. Must have taken an age but the end result is totally stunning and so rich in detail - love it!
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! What a stunning project....Thank you for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Already raved about this... but I've just made an entry over at FSC so I bumped into it again, and had to come back for another look - still stunning!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. My hat goes off to you Sue. I looked at buying this but at the time decided no. How wrong was I!!!

    This is a work of love and a treasured keepsake. How fabulous to bring this out each Christmas, then eat the chocolates each day ... divine. Wish I had bought it now ahhhhh well.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sue, this is crazy fabulous.... I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!