Monday, 21 January 2013

Happy Birthday Kathryn !

The card I'm sharing with you today is a birthday card I've made for my best friend whose birthday is today ! Unfortunately, we don't live close enough to see each other very often and hence the card has to go in the post so I have to keep it relatively flat !



I've been having lots of fun with my new Gelli Arts plate and that is what I've used to create the background for this card. I've then stamped on top using  the Tim Holtz Mixed Media stamps using black Archival ink and white acrylic paint. The text is from the Tim Holtz Papillon set and I've blended DI around  the edge. The main image is a PaperArtsy stamp and I've masked her off and then stamped the script from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set over the top. I've then blended DI around the edge. The little tag is hand cut and the text is from a Darkroom door stamp set.



The letter 'K' has been cut from mount board using the Tim Holtz WordPlay die, then I covered it with Ferro texture paste, painted it with acrylic paint and when it was dry rubbed Treasure Gold over it. The ribbon is seam binding which I've dyed using DI that I've spritzed with water.

We've had another load of snow overnight and all through today so we're not managing to go very far. I'm just hoping the Tesco delivery van gets through otherwise it will be bread and jam for tea !



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and fabulous stamping style Sue. Fingers crossed for Tesco delivery! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fabulous, zingy card! The gelli background looks amazing, and I love that PaperArtsy stamp...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic background and I LOVE that letter K. Hope your tea was delivered! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow its gorgeous, Kathryn's gonna love it! And the Gelli Plate background is ace Sue, love it all. Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Sue, the background is perfect for the stamped image and the lovely ribbon is soft enough to go in the post and it adds that gorgeous feminine touch.
    Hope you are not going to bed hungry.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. She will love this I am sure! The red is gorgeous and the sentiment perfect! The K is that special personalized touch! I still need to play with my Gelli Arts Plate...I need more time in a day! WOnderful make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Die Freundin wird sich mit Sicherheit sehr freuen.
    Eine tolle Karte mit viel Ausdruck und fröhlichen Farben.
    Und mit einem superschönen Hintergrund.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background looks fab ,love all the stamping you haveused in layers! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do this by limiting our markup and Home Builders In Tennessee fees so that your
    project doesn't run according to schedule.

    Visit my site: tennessee custom home builders

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's up i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this piece of writing i thought i could also create comment due to this brilliant article.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog: Get More Information

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!