Friday, 18 January 2013

Life and Art !

Well they certainly got the weather forecast right for today ! It's definitely not a day for venturing far if the cars skidding around on our road are anything to go by !

I'm sharing another 'paintey' project today, I think I've painted it within an inch of it's life and I did have to stop myself from keep adding more !




I started with an offcut of mount board, which is great (and cheap!) as it's really sturdy and it also die cuts quite well. I covered the board with pieces of DP from the Tim Holtz paper stacks Lost & Found and Crowded Attic. I used the Ferro texture paste and a stencil for the swirls at either end of the board. Then I gave the whole thing several coats of watered down Fresco Finish paint. By watering it down it still allowed the print to show through from the paper.




The stamps I've used are all PaperArtsy and I've used black Archival ink to stamp on top of the paint.


The little bird in the centre is a made from shrink plastic and a PaperArtsy stamp. It's been stamped onto clear SP, which is great as the bird was actually looking the wrong way but because the SP is clear I could turn him round ! The letters are all cut from mount board using the Tim Holtz WordPlay die. I've then covered them with Ferro texture paste and when it was dry painted them using Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish paint. Then I added some Treasure Gold, I love this stuff!


I think you can just about see the shine from the Treasure Gold on the letters on this photo.


I added more Treasure Gold to the swirls rubbing some on with my finger to highlight the raised edges. The two butterflies are from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique.

I'm hoping for some serious crafting time this week end but I will definitely have to fit a walk in the snow in somewhere !


11 comments:

  1. Boah, Sue, das ist dir wieder ein Glanzstück geglückt.
    Das sieht fantastisch aus und die Reliefs machen sich perfekt.
    Ein super schönes Werk.

    Herzlichst Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is just wonderful Sue! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, Sue!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous piece of art, really a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous piece Sue, love the paint and arty feel to it.
    Have fun in the snow and have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely adore this Sue. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this textured piece Sue. Great colours and I love the addition of the plastic stamped bird........ x

    Keep warm x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, this is a stunning project! Love that added SP birdie! Have a great weekend and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic piece of art. You make want to try more mixed media. TFS.
    Iley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swoon...love this! The texture is surely amazing, and I love the flowers in the background...gorgeous! This will look fabulous hung!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue, this is gorgeous, those swirls are fantastic and what wonderful texture. The lettering is particularly striking and I love your little shrink plastic bird too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!