Sunday, 13 January 2013

Planes, trains and automobiles !

I'm running a little late today so I'm on catch up ! It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and the lovely Yvonne has chosed Planes, Trains and Automobiles !



I decided on a jumbo tag for this challenge and lots of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints !  I painted the tag with Haystack, Pumpkin Soup, Guacamole and Hey Pesto, drying the paint in between each layer.  I used a water mister and added some Brown Shed Fresco Finish to it and spritzed the tag and finally did some stencilling with a Dylusions stencil. The aeroplane is a Katzelkraft stamp and the 2 men are from the Artistic Outpost Diesel Punk stamp set. I've painted them around the edges with Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish paint to make them stand out better. The text stamp is from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set and the honeycomb from the Mixed Media set. I used second generation stamping for the large cog, which is a Katzelkraft stamp.



I stamped the word 'Voyage' from the Tim Holtz Classics 1 stamp set then I cut the bottom off the tag and attached it with jump rings. The letters have been cut from mount board using the Tim Holtz WordPlay die, covered with Ferro texture paste and then painted with black acrylic paint. When they were dry I used Classic Treasure Gold to highlight them.

A quick project from me today, I need to get back into the swing of things ! I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and make sure to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.


19 comments:

  1. Sue, this is just fabulous! So many details to take in. Love your color scheme, too! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Sue. Love your background and the stamping is fabulous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, wonderful tag, love the colours and effects with the fresco finish paint. Superb. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful tag, great image. The letters turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the painted background and fabulous stamps.
    Hope you've had a good weekend.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background and colours, its a fabulous Tag.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful painted and stenciled background! Love how you combined all those stamps! Fabulous tag! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic colours and beautiful lettering here Sue. What a wonderful tag. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous.....I am loving the Fresco paints.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thisis great and I love the layers in the background! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning stamping as ever. Love how you combine all the elements so perfectly - great design Sue. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue
    Sorry I am a day late in visiting your post.
    Those colours are blended so beautifully and that is such a great stamp as a focal.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love to see what all the DT members have done with the theme- this is beautiful, I like your take on the 'challenge'.
    beautiful colors, it doesn't look as if you did this quickly. I DID mine quickly...

    xxxx Ellie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue, Fabulous tag, love all the layers of colour and stamping for the background and a great focal image.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fabulous tag, Sue - love the painty layers, and the stamping is so funky! Really fantastic...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sue, the 2nd gen stamping and stenciling adds so much depth. The Fresco paint colours look amazing, I have some ordered and cant wait to have a play with them. I really love this tag Sue, it is amazing.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tag Sue, I love the colours you've used. Those paints look fab, please tell me I don't need any more paint lol. Have a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh love your painty tag Sue.. I've got a few pots but tend to stick to ink more, must give paint more of a go ! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabolous tag, love everything about it:)
    *Hugs, Inger*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment,I love reading them all!