Sunday, 27 January 2013

Show some love !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and for the next 2 weeks the challenge is hosted by Brenda and Joanne. The theme is 'Show some love ! '

I decided that I would take the opportuntiy to make something for my other half for Valentine's Day. I prefer not to make a card but something that is more of a memento.


I've had the Wendy Vecchie Pocket Watch Art Parts for ages and not done anything with them, so decided this would be the ideal time. I started by stencilling the background using a numbers stencil and stamped over it using a Tim Holtz text stamp from the Going Anywhere set. The hearts are cut using a Sizzix die from some card stock that I've covered in Ferro texture paste and when dry embossed with a Texture Fade EF. I then covered it with Metallic Distress Stains.



I've used a stamp from the Odds and Ends Tim Holtz stamp set and cut the number 14 from the end and blended DI around the edge. The ticket is a Crafty Individuals stamp and I've blended DI over it too. I added some Ferro Texture paste to parts of the pocket watch. I then painted it with  Chocolote Pudding Fresco Finish paint, stamped the Tim Holtz text stamp over it and once dry rubbed Treasure Gold over the top. The screw head is a brad that I cut the legs off. 

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work !


14 comments:

  1. WOW Sue what a fabulous idea, the pocket watch is beautifully altered,(love the rusting) with such brilliant attention to detail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous piece Sue,so much to look at,love this.Jacaqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Sue :) lots of gorgeous textures and great use of the ArtPart pocket watch.

    TFS and I do hope to play along x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It speaks of love yet such a masculine air to it. Wonderful that you created a memento and all that detailing.
    Amazing.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the altered watch shape, it will be a well treasured keepsake.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue this pocket watch is fabulous! I think I have one hiding out! Love this and what a great memento!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My this is so inventive. An incredibly fabulous piece to treasure. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sue what a fab idea, your hubby will love it. Its a fantastic alternative to a card. Hope you're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your altered pocket watch looks fantastic, great details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliantly put together Sue,I love the vintage pieces you have added to the watch part and the with the textures and colours it is perfect for you OH.
    Hope you've had a good weekend.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous Sue! Such a clever idea with an amazing amount of detail. Your hubby is sure to be thrilled.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue, What a unique Valentine that your special loved one is certain to cherish. So well done and so creative. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue, what a fabulous keepsake, and so original. Love the metalic finish you've given it.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome Valentine...original and fun...a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!