Monday, 7 January 2013

Vintage at VSC !

We've come round to the next challenge over at The Vintage Stamping Challenge, and to start the New Year off we've got a simple of challenge of Vintage ! Now, I'm sure alot of you will have received some new goodies over the holiday period, so here's a chance to have a play !


This is a card that I made for my brother in law's birthday yesterday. I stamped the car, which is a Flonz stamp, over the background using second generation stamping . I also stamped some cogs, which are by PaperArtsy, using the same technique. I blended DI over the card and then did a little spritz and flick ! The embossed panel is metal and I've used the Tim Holtz cogs EF then I painted it with Brown Shed Fresco Finish paints and then covered it with black acrylic paint. Before it was dry I dabbed some of the paint away which lets the colour underneath show through a little.



The film strip is made using the Tim Holtz Filmstrip die and I've blended Black Soot DI over it. The button is from a Prima set and the little pocket watch is from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.


9 comments:

  1. Great card Sue. Love the embossed background and the adorable watch over the button. Have a great week. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so gorgeous Sue love the vintage details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous masculine card Sue and great use of the Flonz image.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, gee, I love how the second generation stamping gives such wonderful depth! A great collage background and the frame is awesome!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! Love the grunge... the embossed metallic frame is fab, and the background and film strip set off the car perfectly!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, you always have such a way with anything vintage! Love this manly creation! I have picture frames and using the gears with foil tape was one of my thoughts and now I know I have to! Gorgeous! Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!!! The texture from the embossing is fab on that frame, and love the filmstrip and pocket watch! Excellent card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sue, this is awesome, I love it. Especially the embossed cogs! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, that's a wonderful card in great colors.Love the use of the filmstrip.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I'm receiving I've had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!