Saturday, 16 February 2013

Another exciting day !

So, today is another very exciting day as another new guest designer is revealed at PaperArtsy ! What's also very exciting is the fact that I've been able to play with one of the stamp sets !

The guest designer who is being revealed today is ........ Sara Naumann !

This is the stamp set that I've been playing with but there are actually 8 fantastic new sets ! If you hop over to the PaperArtsy blog all will be revealed !



 I made this tag with Distress Inks and I used the text to stamp over the background. I also dipped a Distress Stains lid into some Brown Shed Fresco Finish paint and pressed it onto the tag. I've stamped the distressed edge stamp across the bottom using black Archival ink.



I made the two panels with Distress Ink and I did a little spritz and flick and also spayed some watered down Brow Shed Fresco Finish over the card and stitched around the smaller piece. I stamped the main text and cut it into two and distressed the edges and attached the second piece with a screw top  brad.


I stamped 'What an excellent notion' onto some twill tape and stitched it to the tag and I also did the same for the ribbon through the top of the tag. To finish I added an Ideaology pen nib and brushed a little Classic Treasure Gold around the edges.


For my second project I've made a hanging from a page of a circular book. I've used several layers of Fresco Finish paint and also some Ferro texture paste through a stencil, the top layer being Old Gold Fresco Finish. I stencilled some Chocolate Pudding and Brown Shed Fresco Finish paint through the Chicken Wire stencil and also a numbers stencil then stamped the text randomly over it using black Archival ink.



The flower is made with the PaperArtsy Grunge Flowers die, and I've embossed them with the Honeycomb Texture Fades folder. I used more Distress Ink and then brushed some Classic Treasure Gold over the top and finished with a button in  the centre.

I know you'll agree these stamps are fantastic and when you see the other sets they'll be on your wish list ! These stamps aren't available to buy yet but will be coming to a store near you soon !


14 comments:

  1. Sue these are amazing, I have just seen all the new stamps sets and wow!!! Love what you have done with them so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both absolutely stunning, Sue - I love what you've done with the texture on the hanging circle, but - oh, WOW! - the tag, the tag, the tag!! Sensationally lovely...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sue, these samples are fantastic, I love the circular hanging. You did a terrific job with these great new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning projects Sue, love love love the richness of the DI on the tag. I can see we are all going to have fun playing with these new designs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creations Sue! Love what you've done with these gorgeous new stamps.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! What a great new set... I love how you've showcased it on these projects. So much rich color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an excellent TAG!!! I read it as NO ENTRy...lol! An excellent notion indeed, with no grubby children hands on my craft supplies! LOL! I love the colors and layers! You really played up these images magically! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Sue, you have certainly had a busy and creative week. So much excitement, we were all fit to burst with anticipation, waiting to see what everyone created and it was so worth the wait....your projects are beautiful!!

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some superb pieces here for PaperArtsy Sue. Loving this stamp set. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue these are brilliant makes from these stamps, I love the colours on the tag and the texture on the circle book. I really love the way you;ve used the stamps too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow stunning creations :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like an amazing stamp set and I totally love what you did with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Sue, I must have missed this. You are so deserving of this spot.

    Love what you have created here. Stamps look like must haves !!!!!!

    Take care

    Annie x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!