Monday, 4 February 2013

Anyone for golf !

Where did January go ! It's not my favourite month of the year for various reasons, but it's flashed by so quickly, I can't believe we're in to February already ! This also means that it's the new challenge over at Vintage Stamping Challenge sponsored by Flonz Crafts. This time we have a colour challenge for you and  the colours we want to see are blues, browns and beige.


As always  I started with the  background and I got my Gelli Plate out and started with a pale acrylic paint then used a darker blue with a numbers stencil. If you put your numbers stencil on the Gelli Plate so the numbers are the wrong way round the numbers will appear on your print the correct way round ! I used a Dylusions stencil for the diamonds and the Chicken wire stencil with Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish paint. I wanted to add some tape and as I don't have any Washi Tape I spotted my masking tape which is the sort you get from a DIY store. I stamped the tape using black Archival ink using the numbers stamp from the Tim Holtz Fairytale Frenzy set. I heat set it, then used Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish paint, watered down, and painted it over the top. As I was sticking it to acrylic paint I gave it a helping hand with some Multi Medium Matt. The background panels are made using a stamp from the Artistic Outpost Ephemera set and a Wendy Vecchi set and I've torn the bottom edges.




The main image is a Flonz Crafts stamp and I love the vintage look to it. I've blended DI around the edge and also torn the bottom edge, the same as the layers below. The little ticket is a Crafty Individuals stamps and I've added buttons, an Ideaology pen nib and a Type Charm. To finish, I couldn't resist, I rubbed some Classic Treasure Gold around the edges. As the acrylic paint creates a lovely texture when you use a Gelli Plate the TG picks up the raised surfaces.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.


16 comments:

  1. a really great card, love the colours and the embellishments are perfectly placed ! trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sue, love how you have used the golfer stamp. Wish I had seen you post about the numbers stencil before I used mine, I am sure you can guess what I did lol.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your fabulous card Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour combination and wonderful layers, gelli plate prints are fabulous aren't they?
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super background stamping and inking Sue and a perfect masculine card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Sue, loving your background using the gelli plate. Another to add to my wish list. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, that background is fab, I love those colours. The embellies are fab, the whole composition really draws the eye in to the focal image.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. Love the background and the fun added elements, especially the pen nib - just what a guy needs to fill in his score card.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super!
    Eine tolle Karte für den Golf-Freund.
    Der Empfänger wird sich bestimmt sehr freuen...

    Liebe Grüße xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE THIS!!! PINNING! So perfect for my hubby! Every millimeter! Fabulous to see some golf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Sue. The background is amazing and the embellishments are perfect. Best golfer stamp I have ever seen.

    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just the perfect masculine card, I'd say, Sue! Genius colours (hmm... now I wonder whether I might join in with this one?!) and so beautifully handled - wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great image and a wonderful card, perfect for a man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue...you have used some wonderful ideas here, like stamping and colouring masking tape...I really like that idea. And the layering of stencils is great too. Love the collage effect and depth in this one Sue.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card Sue, very vintage. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!