Sunday, 10 February 2013

Birds of a feather !

I'm very late with my post for the new challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. I was on schedule until I decided the project I'd made was going to be filed under 'b' for bin ! So, I started a fresh this afternoon and I'm still not sure but have decided that I could live with it ! The challenge for the next 2 weeks has been chosen by the lovely Meggymay and is Birds.



I've also realised looking at the above photo that I added a type charm with the letter 'B' after I took this ! Anyway, I was routing through the shelves in my craft room and came upon a a circular book that I bought ages ago just so I could get the split rings ! So I decided that the pages would work well for a hanging instead. I started by giving it a coat of Gesso then I stencilled the swirl with Ferro Texture paste. When it was dry I started to layer up with Fresco Finish paints, knocking them back slightly using a baby wipe. I also used the Chicken Wire stencil and some Brown Shed Fresco Finish paint but used it almost dry on my brush. The cage is from a Darkroom Door set as is the branch.




The large leaves are an Art Part that I've painted with several layers of Fresco Finish paint and then I've stamped the text from the Darkroom Door stamp set over the top. The text panel is also from the same stamp set and I've distressed the edges of the card and blended DI around the edge before adding a little Treasure Gold. The bird is one that I made for a previous project and decided not to use. It's a PaperArtsy stamp and has been stamped onto mustard coloured metal. I've puffed it out a little from the back and filled it with Glossy Accents to support it, once dry I then cut it out. To finish, I couldn't resist giving the whole project a little highlighting with some more Treasure Gold (I do think I'm addicted, is that possible?)

Do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the fabulous work the rest of the DT has made.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, what a gorgeous project. Beautiful background and that metal bird is a real stunner. Hope you're enjoying the weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Sue. I love the colours you have used and the texture is amazing. Must get some texture paste.

    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful artwork! I love the texture and the little window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wallhanging is stunning - just love it!:)
    *Hugs, Inger*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea why you're not sure about this Sue as it's stunning! The colours are gorgeous and your flourish looks amazing.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue...love the colours of the Fresco paints on your background. Beautiful! And the textures of the paste and metal look stunning!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine anything you do heading to the circular file so I would have loved to have seen version one. On the other hand, version two is fabulous. I have some texture paste so now I all need is time to play with it. I love the bird and wonder how you "puffed it out" so it had shape but no dimples :) Another gorgeous Sue creation.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue that's a gorgeous card, love the shape and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous project, love the background and the wonderful bird.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'm certainly glad this one didn't end up in the b for bin - it's wonderful! Love the colours, your layers of paint really pay off in terms of depth and interest, and of course the Treasure Gold - addiction certainly possible, but there's nothing wrong with that! Fabulous lettering throughout!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, wow! Sue, what a project! I am in awe of your creativity. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great textures and colours! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well worth waiting for Sue, fabulous textures and the bird stamp is gorgeous.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Das sieht großartig aus.
    Du spielst mit Leichtigkeit bei deinen Projekten. Zumindest wirkt es so auf mich.
    Es sieht alles sehr gekonnt und präzise aus.
    Eine schöne Arbeit.

    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue, love your beautiful bird plaque, so much lovely texture and stamping, and love the russet tones. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely project, Sue! The background and colors are gorgeous and I love the bird! Enjoy the day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You don't have to be sure about it, I am sure it is marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous hanging and highlighting with the Treasure Gold makes it look so rich. Love the way you've used the PA bird.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. SUE!!! This is is GRUNGY GORGEOUS!!! I love it! The color and the texture are fab! Love the bird! The circle is a great base too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your rich colours and all the gorgeous texture Sue, your bird looks amazing too! Chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!