Saturday, 16 February 2013

Frilly and Funkie StepXStep

It's my turn to share a Step X Step over at the Frilly and Funkie blog today and I thought I would share it here too ! The project I'm sharing with you is a journal page, I feel like I've joined the party quite late, but I have to say I'm really enjoying it now I've joined in!  There's lots to share so grab a cuppa and get comfy !



 I found a large book that was destined for the recycling bin and decided it was the perfect size for me to alter ! I started  by gluing several pages together so that both sides were quite substantial to work on. Then I gave the pages a coat of Gesso which I applied with a piece of Cut 'n' Dry foam.


 I started off by thinking I would like some of the original images and text to show through the paint. I gave the pages a coat of Sky Fresco Finish paint and I used a baby wipe to take away some of the paint.


 I then cut the letters from mount board using the Tim Holtz WordPlay die and stuck them down using Matt Multi Medium. I then painted them with some more Sky Fresco Finish paint.


 I then gave everything a coat of Baltic Blue Fresco Finish paint and brushed some around the letters to highlight them.


I followed this up with a light coat of Smoked Paprika Fresco Finish.I decided it was a little too dark so I knocked if back with some watered down Snowflake Fresco Finish.


I used a stencil for the poppies with more Fresco Finish paint.


I used the Dylusions Diamond Border stencil for the border and also the diamonds, which I did the 'bumping' technique to create shadow. I also lightly sprayed Dylusions Squeezed Orange ink spray over the pages as well as some diluted Fresco Finish paint.


I then stamped the text from the Wendy Vecchi set called Art From The Heart without using an acrylic block so the text wasn't perfect.


The tulip is also from the same Wendy Vecchi set and I've painted it with Fresco Finish paint. I've also used the Chicken Wire stencil and Smoked Paprika.


I stamped the dragonflies and then gave them a watered down coat of Fresco Finish paint.


I decided that the letters didn't 'pop' enough so I used some more paint to dry brush around them. I've also rubbed some Classic Treasure Gold around the letters and also around the edges of the pages.


For the little circles I used the lid from a Distress Stains bottle and dipped it into some paint and pressed it onto the page.


To finish I've added one of the gorgeous Filigree keys from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique and also another Filigree piece to the tulip along with a Melissa Frances lock.

I'm also entering this project into the following challenges:


I hope you've enjoyed todays StepXStep and I hope you have a great week end !


12 comments:

  1. Wow... these pages are absolutely stunning, Sue, I just love every single thing about them! I'm a hesitant journaller - occasionally an idea strikes, but this has inspired me so much. Great to have you play along with us at eclectic Paperie!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, these are wonderful pages with great spring feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my giddy aunt Sue..how beautiful they are!!
    Really enjoyed your step by step...love every little detail you have added along the way.
    So glad you joined us over at eclectic Paperie.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xxc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pages, Sue, love all the layers you've achieved. Thanks for the step by step too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning pages Sue, have left comment on Frilly & Funky page too, love the layers and colours you have achieved great stepxstep thanks for sharing!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I love your pages and really appreciate your step by step tutorial...What a transformation; just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the eclectic Paperie challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can tell you are having way too much fun with these designs ... fab layered journal pages. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, Sue! Just left you some love at F&F but wanted to pop by and say thanks for joining us at the eclectic Paperie challenge. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow gorgeous journal page, I so love Lin Browns new stamps, they are so going in my shopping bag lol :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love these journal pages Sue. The colours text everything is perfect.....very inspiring piece.

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally gorgeous - love how you have used both colour and texture! Fabulous work. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pages Sue! Love the sentiment and laying of color! Beautiful florals! Fab step by step too! Thank you for playing along with our messy challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!