Friday, 15 February 2013

How exciting ?!?!?!

So, today is THE most exciting day as if you've been watching what's been going on over at the PaperArtsy blog you'll know that yesterday the brand new stamps by the very talented Jo Firth-Young were revealed. Well today, and I can hardly contain myself, it's the next reveal of the stamps by a new extremely talented guest designer who is........drum roll please........Lin Brown !!! Lin has designed 3 gorgeous A5 sets of stamps and guess what?? I got to play with all of them ! Which also leads me on to another little secret which I have been itching to share, the lovely Leandra (Mrs PaperArtsy no less!) has asked me to be a guest designer !!! So, watch out in May when I shall be sharing my first projects !

Anyway, back to the order of the day and let me share with you Lin's gorgeous stamps, you are gonna love them ! First up is plate ELB01 !




The flowers of this set just said bright and beautiful to me so that was the way  I went with my colour combo !


I stamped the flowers on the background with Gesso (I've just about run out of Snowflake Fresco Finish!) and when dry I've blended Salty Ocean Distress Ink over them.


Then I mixed some Brown Shed and Pumpkin Soup Fresco Finish paint and painted a piece of white card. The images were stamped on top, masking the flowers so they sit behind each other. I mounted it on some cotton fabric that I'd also used the same mix of paint. The text is stamped onto white card, then I gave that a coat of the Fresco Finish mix. The frame is cut from metal and I've coated it with Brown Shed and then Little Black Dress. I couldn't resist adding some Classic Treasure Gold around the edges of the flower panel. To finish I added some Glossy Accents to one of the flowers and dyed some seam binding.

The second fantastic plate is ELB 02!


I love the butterfly on this set and the flower is fantastic as you can position the head in different directions.


I created the background using my Gelli Plate and Guacamole and Pumpkin Soup Fresco Finish paints. I've also done some second generation stamping with the leaves using Olive Archival ink. I stamped the little flower with Guacamole to bring it into the foreground. The tulips have all been stamped with black Archival then I gave them a wash of Brown Shed (love this colour!) and Hey Pesto (love this colour too!) and cut them out.


I stamped the butterflies onto shrink plastic cut them out and shrunk them ! The pattern is still really clear even when they're tiny ! To finish some more dyed seam binding and, yep, a little tickle of Classic Treasure Gold!

The final set from Lin is ELB03. 


This set has all the versatility of the other two with having the flower heads separate from the leaves, there's so much you could make !


I used lots of Distress Inks on this card and did some stencilling over the background and some second generation stamping with the leaves. The panel the tulip is mounted on is made with second generation stamping.


I stamped the tulip onto sticky back canvas which I'd stuck on to Grunge Paper, to give it some dimension. I've used Distress Markers to paint the flower. I stamped the sentiment onto white card cut it up into separate words and used Distress Ink around the edges. To finish a split ring and some twine.

As you can see these stamps are gorgeous and there are so many ideas whirling around my head now as I'm sure there are in yours too ! Do make sure you visit the PaperArtsy blog as there will be more exciting things to see over the next 2 days. The stamps I've used aren't available to buy yet but they will be coming to a store near you soon !


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Cannot wait to see your makes,these stamps are gorgeous and so are your makes trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sue, I love, love, love everything that you created with my stamps. So nice to someone else's take on them.
    And congratulations on being part of the DT, I was so pleased to see your name on the list.

    Lin x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sue, love the colours and your fantastic embellishment ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your forthcoming GD spot, can't wait to see more - these samples are gorgeous - love that tulip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, love what you've done with the stamps! gorgeous samples.
    JoFY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous creations Sue and many congratulations on your fab exciting news.
    Well done and guess who's now drooling here as the stamps are amazing and now on my wish list.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! Isn't it a relief to be able to share the news?! Completely gorgeous samples with these new stamps, Sue - the bold colours are perfect with these "hand-carved" images - especially love that middle tag - wow! Looking forward to May... (there'll be nothing left for us September guys to do!!)
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Sue, your samples are beautiful, so looking to seeing more of your artwork over on the PA blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!! Love these botanicals! Love your designs too...fab bases for them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Herrlich, einfach wunderschön, wie du die neuen Stempel eingesetzt hast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic news, congratulations :)Your pieces are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow yet again truly amazing creations, I love stamping with Fresco snowflake and I am always running out, I'm now on my 3rd bottle!!!! Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!