Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Lacey, heartsy Valentine !

Today is the start of the next challenge over on the Frilly and Funkie challenge. This time the lovely Terry has chosen the theme of Lacey, heartsy Valentine ! Here's what Terry has to say:

So with Valentines around the corner you can show us your interpretation of a Heartsy Valentines Project. You can think of an altered bookcover, journal, box, bag or a Purse as long as it has a Heart and Lace in it.


I couldn't make my mind up which way to go with this challenge but eventually I decided on a tag as I enjoyed making the two for the Friday Focus.  I started by using the Tim Holtz Mixed Media and Going Somewhere stamp sets to stamp the background with Coffee Archival ink. The pencils are from the Artistic Outpost set, Secretary Pool. I stamped the girl, which is from the AO Lovely Day set, with black Archival ink and then painted her with my Distress Markers.


The typewriter is also from the Secretary Pool set and I've stamped 'just for you' on the paper in the typewriter with one of those cheap alphabet sets. The two hearts are cut using a Sizzix die from Kraft card then embossed with the Texture Fade Honeycomb EF. I've also rubbed some Classic Treasure Gold over them (did I mention I love this stuff!). The little peg has been coloured using Walnut Stain Distress Stains and the ticket is from the Tim Holtz Going Somewhere set. The lace is from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique and is the gorgeous May Art crocheted lace. I've tinted it with some Antique Linen Distress Stains and Distress Ink.


The alphabet across the bottom is also made using a stamp from the Secretary Pool set and I've stamped it on to ordinary masking tape. I heat set it then gave it a wash with Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish paint. I've also used some more masking tape for the ribbon and I spritzed it with Perfect Pearls Cappuccino spray. The word 'Love' is made using the Tim Holtz Type Charms.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work

I'm also entering this tag into the Artistic Outpost February referral which is Anything Goes.

8 comments:

  1. SO love this Sue. Lots of yummy stamping and textures and I love the whole balance of the tag design. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ein tolles Tag ist das, Sue...
    So viele schöne "Hingucker" ich glaube, man sagt auch eye catcher :-)

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tag, especially lovely charms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag...love the honeycomb heart and AO image! Oh the lace and dangley sentiment...all perfection! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, that's a gorgeous tag with wonderful details. Love the L O V E hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious tag! Love the typewriter letters and fab embossed hearts... glorious AO stamping too. Great to have you play along at AO!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous tag, Sue! That alpha stamp is really calling me. Love all your stamping here and that beautiful textured heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tag!!!! Specially all the embellishments!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!