Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Layer it on and share a word !

Hello and a very warm welcome to my new followers ! It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this time it's my turn to host the challenge. For the next 2 weeks the challenge is to create a project with lots of layers but the focal point must be a word ! This could be layers of paint, paper, fabric or whatever else you have to hand. This may be the perfect opportunity to use up all of those scraps you have on your work desk !


Sometimes projects just seem to come together really easily and this was one of them ! I so enjoyed the process too ! I painted the canvas with Gesso and when it was dry I used Ferro texture paste through a stencil. Then I started to layer on the Fresco Finish paint ! I started with a coat of Guacamole and then mixed some South Pacific with the Guacamole and it created a lovely patina green colour. I also used some South Pacific around the edges. I mixed Claret with Baltic Blue for a gorgeous shade of purple and dry brushed it on. I used my favourite Chicken Wire stencil with some more of the Guacamole and South Pacific mix. The dots are made with a Dylusions stencil and I've used South Pacific first then I moved the stencil slightly and went over it with Guacamole, this creates a lovely shadow effect. I've stamped randomly with Guacamole and a stamp from the Tim Holtz Classics #3 set and in black Archival ink I've stamped using a stamp from the Fabulous Flourishes set and the text is from the Going Somewhere set.


I've pleated some Tissue Wrap and stitched it top and bottom, I was trying to do it so it looked quite random but it's harder to do than it looks ! I sprayed a piece of crinoline with watered down South Pacific Fresco Finish paint. The text panels are made using the Artistic Outpost Ephemera stamp set. The metal pieces have all been given a coat of the Guacomole and South Pacific mix. For the letters I printed them out on my PC so I could get the font large enough. Then I cut them out and stuck them back to front onto some Grunge Paper, so that when I cut the Grunge Paper out they were the right way around. I've then used Fresco Finish paint to colour them. The pen nib and the little fasterner on the 'f' have been coated with the South Pacific and Guacamole mix. The little swirl on the letter 'e' is a Melissa Frances embellishment and I've painted that too ! The flowers started life as being a pale brown colour until I sprayed them with watered down South Pacific ! To finish I spritzed the whole project with some Perfect Pearls Biscotti.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work !


23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love all the layers andtextures trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layers created here Sue. Excellent challenge. Hope I can play along x

    Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic use of layering here Sue. Love the texture and painted layers on this. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wie toll du das gemacht hast...
    Ich bewundere dich.
    Es sieht fantastisch aus, diese verschiedenen Texturen machen sich großartig.

    Grüße von Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous canvas Sue, love the textures in the layers and the central word is a fabulous focal point.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Sue,love the texture you have created on this.Great colours too.Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this is utterly fantastic, Sue! I am totally in love with it. All those wonderful built up layers, the color and the use of the AO stamps - all just so yummy. Awesome work on this week's challenge - thanks so much for being a great host!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue that's a fantastic project in great colors. Love the texture on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo Sue, I love love love this!! fab colours and textures. lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. PINNED!!! What a gorgeous canvas...I love every inch! The LOVE in the center surrounded by all that texture is fabulous!!! Gorgeous gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Sue, loving this big time, gorgeous Fresco colours and yummy texture. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic project, its a great textured background.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible texture.
    Quite stunning.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it Sue! The color is the first love, then fabulous textures sort of love!!! Terrific~ Hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, this is gorgeous - textures, layers and amazing colors. Thank you for sharing the step by step creative process - this would be so pretty hanging in my craft room! I need to try to make one, too! Thanks again, for sharing how to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful - love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! Love the texture and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful challenge theme, Sue! Love your canvas and all the gorgeous texture! I so need to play with mixed mediums more! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is so cool! Love everything about it! Wonderful colours, great texture and fantastic layers! Great idea for a challenge too, - I am definitely going to try and play!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Sue, this is amazingly gorgeous! Love all your layers and the fab colors and texture. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning! So amazingly beautiful - I love all the layers and details. I had been stuck with an unfinished canvas when I found this challenge and this creation really inspired me to complete it. Thanks so much for sharing Love from Laura xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally stunning, Sue - just rocking those Frescos, and all that glorious texture stencilling - I'm in love with it! Such a great challenge too... I'll be along shortly with mine!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  23. So amazing! The first thing I noticed was the shadow around the circles, as if they are popping up. So glad to know how you did those :) You have quite a few clever tricks up your sleeve every time. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!