Sunday, 24 February 2013

Secrets of the garden !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and for the next 2 weeks we want to see red, black and brown on your projects. Now, I have to say this isn't a colour combination I would choose and I did find it hard to think of something, but then that's what a challenge is all about, right ?



I wanted to have another play with the gorgeous new stamps by the lovely Lin Brown. If you've not seen what's been going on over at PaperArtsy make sure you hop over there as there's lots to see ! I started with the background and stamped the leaf with black Archival ink using first and second generation stamping. I then blended DI around the card and then sprayed Cappuccino Perfect Pearls mist over the top. For the centre panel I used a piece of Crinoline and coloured it with Antique Linen Distress Stains. I then stamped the small flower and leaves with black Archival ink. I frayed the edges and then cut a piece of wadding to fit behind it and then zipped around the edge with my sewing machine.


The large flowers were stamped onto card that I coloured with Red Brick and Festive Berries Distress Stains. I then cut them out and layered them on top of each other. I sprinkled some little black beads in the centre which are stuck down with Glossy Accents. To make them sit down in the wadding I stitched through the centre of the flowers and the wadding and card. I used some Walnut Stain Distress Stains on white card and sprayed it with water. I dried it off with my heat gun and then inked up the large leaves with black Archival ink. Before I stamped them I used the Tim Holtz Reflections stamps and pressed them onto the ink, the text shows on the leaves after after they've been stamped. I used the same technique for the smaller leaves too. The text has been stamped onto card also covered with Festive Berries and Red Barn Door Distress Stains, I've cut it up and mounted the words onto black card. I've added a Filigree metal corner and a little metal flower to finish.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.


17 comments:

  1. Fabulous Sue, I love how you have used Lin's stamps.
    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with these colours and fabulous stamps Sue, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, fab background and love how you have used the stamps! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue...Such depth, and the fabric is a great texture to use with the large images! I like the idea of using cappuccino perfect pearls mist too...just that little something special!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning creation Sue. :-) the colour combo works well with this piece. Love the leaf image on the frame and the flowers are gorgeous.

    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, how gorgeous is this, love how you've used the stamps to create the lovely poppy embellishments. So effective and so beautifully done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lurrrrve that colour combo Sue!!!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Sue, love the pop of red against the more subtle background, very striking. Love the wadding piece. Gorgeous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that background you created to go along with the lovely flowers! The sentiment reminds me of Spring, when the little bulbs you forgot about, start to break through! Happy Sunday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Sue...
    was für eine wunderbare Karte.
    Diese kraftvollen Farben sehen großartig aus.
    Eine wunderschöne Idee.

    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, the red blooms look fantastic.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A masterful take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love the base and fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful stamping and terrific card! I LOVE how you used the colours and the sewing detail is a great touch. Very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue your card looks wonderful, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sue, Fabulous card, Love how you've used the stamps for the flower embellishments.
    Congrats on being published in this months CS
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a striking card Sue - those bold flowers are just gorgeous..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!