Friday, 8 March 2013

Bloomin' Great !

I'm back with another birthday card today and this time it's for one of my sisters. I bought this Indigo Blu stamp set as I loved the sentiment and it then sat in my craft room waiting for the right moment and this is it !



I've really been enjoying the Seasonal Distress Inks just lately so I decided that I would use them for this card as I wanted vibrant colours ! The background started out with lots of DI blended over it and I then used one of the flowers from the Indigo Blu set to stamp across the bottom (you can't really see them now as I've covered them with lace!). I then used a floral stencil with Mowed Lawn and Ripe Persimmon DI. My favourite text stamp from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set was then used without an acrylic block, randomly stamping over the background and I did the same with the large flourish stamp from the Elegant Flourishes set. I wasn't quite sure about the main Indigo Blu flourish stamp as it is quite large, but after I'd painted some of the areas using Distress Markers and blended more DI over it I was quite happy. The sentiment fits beautifully into the centre panel. I've then cut it out by hand and mounted it on foam pads.




I stamped the large flower twice and cut out the top layer making sure I cut away more petals than are on the original flower. That way I could layer them and have the leaves poking out from in between the petals. I've also painted the flower with Distress Markers. The pins I've made with beads from an old necklace and some gold beads. I've used the edge of the main stamp to stamp onto seam binding which I've dyed with Distress Stains and layered onto some May Arts Crocheted lace that I've also dyed with Distress Stains.

Well we've definitely lost the sun today, it's been very grey and miserable and it doesn't look like the week end has anything better to offer. I actually quite like these kind of week ends as there's lots of crafting time ! Hope you get chance to get your hands inky this week end !




9 comments:

  1. Love the colour palette Sue and the flower is absolutely stunning.

    A beautiful project to treasure

    Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, Sue, die Karte ist sehr elegant und ausgefallen.
    Und der Hintergrund ist grandios.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Sue!!! I adore your use of colour on this card and the flower is tremendous. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the colours and beautiful flower.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours, Sue - I've also started to play with those more vivid seasonals, and I'm enjoying it - who knew?! Love that amazing focal flourish stamp...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done Sue, lovely colours and stamps.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE the sentiment...it's BLOOMING great! How FUN!!! The colors and background are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool, it's a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! This is so amazing! I love it Lots of love from Laura xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!