Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Blue is the colour !

This is a quick post so that I can enter the first IndigoBlu challenge which is blue ! This was a double challenge (if there is such a thing?) as I didn't have much time to make something and I'm not the fastest crafter in the west !


The background was made with lots of Distress Stains, including Picket Fence, and then I spritzed it with London Blue Dylusions spray and then water. I've used Salty Ocean DI and the Chicken Wire stencil and some some second generation stamping with Cobalt Blue Archival ink. The embossing folder is a new Tim Holtz one and I've rubbed Salty Ocean and Broken China DI over it. The row of cotton reels are from the InidgoBlu Sewing Mends the Soul set and I've stamped them close to one another so I could cut them out to make a border. The main image and the text is also from the same set.


The flower has been cut from pages from an old book using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower die and I've sprayed it with some more Dylusions. The buttons are some more that I've made with Air Dry Clay and then used Fresco Finish paint.

That's me for now, tea's ready and I'm starving !



11 comments:

  1. Lovely card Sue, love your hand made buttons and the blue is gorgeous. Love the image and your tattered floral. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Sue. Love that background. Very envious of that new embossing folder. It's on the list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card with great details. Fabulous images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue! This is a beauty of a card that looks like you spent hours creating. Lovely. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous make Sue. Great background , love the lace, image and floral.

    Crafty hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background and layers as always Sue.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Sue, love the background and your handmade buttons are just fab. thanks for joining in with the first Indigo Blu challenge. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traumhaft schön, ich liebe dieses Thema.
    Ein toller Hintergrund.
    Die Karte ist sehr attraktiv.

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous background and great layers. Love that embossing folder ..on my wish list! Trace hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card - she's so beautiful! Like Trace, I've got that folder in my sites - you make it look even more tempting here!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Sue, love the flower, the measuring tape, wow I've never seen that one before, the buttons fab, thanks so much for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!