Sunday, 17 March 2013

Distressed Silver Wedding !

I'm almost at the end of my current card orders which I have to say I'm glad about as I'm itching to do something a little more messy with lots of paint ! The card I'm sharing today is another Silver Wedding anniversary card which is for my sister. Only one more to do !


I started, as always, with the background and stamped the Crafty Individuals swirl stamp using Victorian Velvet DI. I've then used Tattered Rose DI and blended that over the card. The layers below the main image are pieces torn from an old book and then heavily distressed ! I've blended more Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet DI over the paper. The main images are Flonz Craft stamps and I masked the woman off and then stamped the man so he appears to be standing behind her.


I've covered a Filigree metal corner with some Moonlight Fresco Finish paint and then dabbed some Pewter Distress Stains over the top. The text has been done on my PC and the little paper rose has been rubbed with some Victorian Velvet DI. I've given the same treatment to the large flowers and the little roses around it. The little button is made from clay and I've coloured it with Moonlight Fresco Finish paint. I never seem to have the right colour, shape or size of buttons so I decided that I would make my own ! So, I bought some Air Dry Clay and a button mould and I now have a lovely selection of buttons! The little key is a wooden one and I've coated that with Moonlight Fresco Finish and then added some Pewter Distress Stains. For the numbers, I saw this idea on the very talented Marjie Kemper's blog. I didn't realise how fiddly it was going to be though ! The numbers are printed on my PC and then I've pushed them into the ends of the stick pins and covered them with Glossy Accents. The little heart is another embellishment that I picked up from The Bead Scene.

I'm also entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is Shabby Chic.

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday, I'm hoping for some more time in my craft room so fingers crossed !


13 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Sue. Great idea to layer the two figures in that way - such a Victorian pose touch. And I'm so impressed that you are creating your own buttons too. Fabulous. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue !!! This is beautiful..such a vintage treasure. The background and layers create such interest and to make your own buttons.........fantastic.

    Crafty hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ripping and rolling for great distressed dimension, such a great vintage look... and I love the relationship you've created with the positioning of the stamps - there's real tension there!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue...your Silver Anniversary vintage card is very very cool! I love your masked woman and the gentleman standing behind her. Very neat image for a 25th Wedding Anniversary card! Love your memo pins with the "25" inside of them! Love the swirl background stamped onto the cardstock and then the layers of book text distressed and layered on top. The bit of lace and the sweet flowers really do add to the shabby chic feeling of this card. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing your card and your steps in creating it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have worked those paper edges Sue. The stick pins are so worth it as the 25 looks perfect. Clever button making too! The stamped images are wonderful. Its a fabulous vintage card. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love the combination of Victorian Velvet and Tattered Rose and the masked stamping has worked really well! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, Sue! Love the curled edges and how you ran the lace out the left and right sides. A little tip on those numbers.... put the numbers on wax paper and pour your glossy accents in.... then let dry overnight. In the morning the wax paper will be invisible and you can just lift the pins right up.

    And thanks for the shout-out and prize share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers Anne, there isn't much I can add to the wonderful comments, well deserved I might add, a few of my inspirations artist said it all, I just found you and am a fan too, thanks for sharing and have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfectly shabby chic for sure! Love her sitting there, and this color and pop of black is wonderful! The torn papers and lace is a perfect design piece! Awesome Sue! Thanks for playing in our shabby challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Sue...
    das ist eine bezaubernd schöne Silberhochzeits-Karte.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always add such wonderful elements and layers! This is gorgeous, Sue! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!