Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Easter gift, but no baskets !

The weeks seem to be flying by at the moment and I can't believe it's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie ! For our next challenge the lovely Rebecca has challenged us to make a gift for Easter, but no baskets ! Here is what Rebecca has to say:

Let's mix it up this year and think of some different ways to package those chocolate bunnies, sweet treats and little gifts of the season.  A ticket a tasket but not in a basket!

I have to say this did give my grey cells a bit of a work out as I don't make Easter gifts or cards ....but I do like to eat the chocolate ! So, after alot of staring into space I spotted an empty sweet jar that I was given at Christmas full of chocolate buttons, I've since eaten all the buttons, so I thought I would give it a new lease of life !


I started by using alcohol inks to colour the glass using greens and blues.


I made four panels using the Tim Holtz Sized Arches and then made a frame for each one. I've used Artistic Outpost stamps, Paris Exposition and Flower Market,  on all of the panels and used seasonal DI on all of them.


I stamped some text over all of the frames and on the above I used a Stampin' Up little bee stamp, cut it out and painted it with Distress Markers.


The flowers are all made with the Tim Holtz Sizzlit die and I've blended DI over them and then dipped them into UTEE in my melting pot.


I've added some May Arts crocheted lace around the top and filled the jar with some mini chocolate eggs (which, surpisingly I've not eaten yet!)


The flower on the lid is made from metal and I've cut it out using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower die. I then embossed the metal with the Cuttlebug Victoria EF. As the metal was quite orangey I wanted to calm it down a little so I gave it a coat of Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint. As it's translucent it didn't turn the metal green but it went a lovely rusty colour ! I then used a black Stazon ink pad direct to the metal and rubbed it over the raised areas. The button in the centre is one I rescued from an old jacket and I've given it a collar of May Arts crocheted lace.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and look forward to seeing your Easter gifts, but remember no baskets !

I'm also entering this project into the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral challenge and the Artistic Outpost Referral which is  anything goes.

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sue. Love the stamped panels and the flowers, especially the one at the top. The question now is how long will those eggs last?! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Sue, love the lace, I have nearly used all the lace I got from PA so must get more. Good luck with the challenges. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Sue. You have seemingly effortlessly managed to get about 20 techniques into one quaint diddy bottle of goodness! Lol. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is better than a basket, its gorgeous,the flower on the lid is awesome thanks for sharing all this creativity and have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY!!!! What a cool gift as well! Love each side and top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous way to package your gift.
    Have a great day.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous project and super transformation of the jar. So many neat techniques, Sue. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I have not used alcohol inks yet but I might have to start after seeing this! What a wonderful effect! I adore all of it...the flowers are gorgeous and the panels are superb. This is an amazing Easter gift! Thanks for sharing and inspiring! Lots of love from Laura xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!