Thursday, 21 March 2013

Extra ! Extra !

I'm sharing a card I made for a friend's birthday which is today ! I got my hands on the new set from Artistic Outpost so wanted to use them and thought this was the perfect time !


I blended DI over the background using Peacock Feathers, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Broken China. I then did the Spritz and Flick technique with lots of water, which fits with the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is water ! I used the honeycomb stamp from the Tim Holtz Mixed Media and Peacock Feathers. Then I used the text from the Artistic Outpost Paper Boy set and also the building.


The boy is stamped with black Archival ink and then I've blended more DI arond the edge. I mounted him onto a die cut using the Tim Holtz Sized Arch die which I've embossed with the Tim Holtz Bubble Texture Fade. The flower is made using the Tim Holtz Tattered flower die and I've cut several from old book pages and crinoline. I've used the mini stamp die and added some Chit Chat stickers.

I'm entering this card into the Artistic Outpost referral which is anything goes.

It sounds like it's time to batten down the hatches tonight here in the UK and snow is on it's way again ! So, another good week end to get crafty !

12 comments:

  1. Meine Güte Sue, wieder so eine herausragend schöne Karte.
    Und in diesen herrlichen Farben, ich bin ganz begeistert.
    Der Hintergrund ist excellent.
    Ein tolles Ergebnis.

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue...your birthday card is beautiful! I love the colors and the random stamping of the honeycomb stamp on that gorgeous spritzed and flicked background. The Distress Ink colors are great together! I love your design, the really cool dimensional flower and the Artistic Outpost stamps. Thanks so much for sharing your always beautiful cards with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Sue. So fresh and vibrant. I'm beginning to doubt we will see green again in Staffordshire! Let's see how much snow we've got in the morning. Who knows, if you get too snowed in you may have to stay holed up in your craftroom!! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card in great colors, your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue your card is stunning, I love it! You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love the details and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lve this design Sue. I have ordered this set too just waiting for it to arrive.
    Have a great day.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh beautiful, Sue... absolutely love what you've done with the Paperboy - and that flower is so glorious - a really fabulous make!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Sue, it's so gorgeous! Love the colors and shading and the way you spread that amazing texture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Sue. Lots of texture and the stamps are fabulous. Still to use mine.

    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sue! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous card! I love the spritz and flick with the water, and these AO images are fabulous! The vintage feel with the bright colors makes for a great contrast, and love the florals! Thanks for playing along with us in our watered down challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love how you have put that Paperboy on display! Gorgeous layers and colors and of course I love that background! So happy that you have shared this beauty with AO! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!