Sunday, 10 March 2013

It's all about swirls !

Here we are again ready for another challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. Things have changed slightly in that we now have a new sponsor -  Flonzcraft and the prize that is on offer is $20 to spend in their online shop.

So, on to the challenge and this time we're looking for swirls on your projects and of course stamping !


I love swirls ! I've got quite a few different swirl stamps so it's a tough one to know which to use for this challenge ! I started, as usual, with the background and stamped some images from a very old stamp set by Rubbadubbado and then used my trusty text stamp from Tim Holtz's French Marketplace set. I didn't want the black from the Archival ink to be too strong so I then gave the the card a coat of watered down Moonlight Fresco Finish paint. It knocked it back to exactly the effect I was after. I then used the flourish stamp from the Tim Holtz Fabulous Flourishes set (I think this is my favourite swirl stamp at the moment!) and stamped with Pansy Fresco Finish paint. The vertical panel is made using a stamp from the Tim Holtz Papillon set and I've blended DI over it. The small text ticket is from a Darkroom door set and I've added an Ideaology Gem Clip. The little lacey border is a Martha Stewart punch, which I haven't used in ages !


The main image is a Katzelkraft stamp and I've masked her off and stamped over her with the TH script stamp. The die cut swirl is made using the TH Mini Swirl die and I've blended more DI over it. The flower is a paper flower and I've dyed it by putting some Milled Lavender Distress Stains into a mister and sprayed it. I have to thank the very lovely Alison of Words and Pictures  for the tip about cheap paper flowers in The Range. Thanks Alison ! To finish, some May Arts crocheted lace.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.


22 comments:

  1. Hi Sue...I love how the gorgeous pink jumps off the page against the neutral background! I am loving seeing what you are doing with the fresco paint...very creative and stunning use of the gorgeous paint.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and great image Sue. Love the layers and design.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card in great colors. Love all the elements and the images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Sue! Love the pinks and the entire sophisticated feel! Enjoy the day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the purples and the image is so glamorous! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sue, beautiful colours too. Hope you're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just fabulous Sue! Love all the pretty layering and the main image panel is so elegant.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Sue. I love the way you have used the masking and the flowers are amazing

    Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME,loven your backgrounds,you created so much on here, thanks for sharing all this inspiration, have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Sue, love that beautiful stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Sue, love the background and beautiful image.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are one or two rather good offers at The Range aren't there! Quite a few alterable bits and bobs and I've found stamps at ridiculously low prices too on odd occasions. Love your card. A real Sue classic. Great colours and design. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the way you used the stamps together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Sue, Love this image (have just been using this stamp last week)
    Love the background and distressing.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Sue! I love the colour palette and the choice of stamps. And the flower. And the lace - love everything! Have a lovely week, Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh Sue its really gorgeous, two wonderful colours. The stamps are amazing too, brilliant misting effect. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sue, gorgeously stamped card, beautiful composition and dreamily soft shades of pink, love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so gorgeous!..I do love pink! Lace, flourishes, swirls and flowers - Yep! ticks all the boxes for me!!! Lots of love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sue. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I am falling totally in love with the B Line stamps! They are so gorgeous and so many to choose from! Your card that you are featuring on your blog right now is so pretty! The muted black and purple is so pretty together! Love the random stamping, the layered card stock and that beautiful vintage image. That lace and flowers really add such a feminine touch. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glorious colours - so chic with the pink against the b&w, and your layers, right through to the paper-clipped ticket are fabulous... what a stunner!
    Alison xx
    (Oh, and you're welcome, and thank YOU for the shout out!!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card Sue - thank-you for wonderful inspiration. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!