Sunday, 24 March 2013

Paper piecing at FSC

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and this time the lovely Claire has chosen Paper Piecing. This isn't something I've ever done before so I was a little stumped at first and I'm not sure I've done it properly now, but never mind !


I started this project with a piece of cardboard and I ripped off some of the top layer. Then I used Guacamole Fresco Finish paint followed by Brown Shed and Chocolate Pudding. I've used Artistic Outpost stamps from the Generation Redux and A Lovely Day sets.



The flower is made using Wendy Vecchi stamps and I've stamped them onto a mixture of Basic Grey paper. I've cut them out, layered them and used an Ideaology brad in the centre. The leaves are also made using a Wendy Vecchi stamp this time stamped onto My Minds Eye paper. The lace is May Arts and the buttons are from my stash. Quite a simple project but I really liked it in the end !

I'm also entering this into the Artistic Outpost March Referral which is Anything Goes.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


19 comments:

  1. Fabulous work Sue, the flower is gorgeous.
    Happy Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours Sue and that stamp is fab. This is pieced together beautifully. Wonderful make

    Crafty hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I have no idea about paper piecing, but whatever you have done, this looks wonderful!! Great colours and you have pieced it together just beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous, Sue... Like Astrid, I'm no paper-piecer, but I love the colours and textures here... and it's great to have you play along at AO with this beautiful make!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card, great elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours that work so beautifully with that stamp.
    I like this so much Sue.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation, Sue! Love that corrugated cardboard background and of course the wonderful AO image! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout and I love you used your own cardboard it looks better then the bought stuff:):). Thanks for sharing this beauty and hope your having a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great design, love the colours and of course the image.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow how gorgeous is this? Love the stamps you've used Sue and that flower is fab-u-lous! Love it. hope you're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout Sue, love the shabby cardboard and flowers.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue. Great to see you enjoying the fresco paints so much! I love them too. Another fantastic design and collage effects.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your base cardboard piece! Great color as well! These images are wonderful, as is the flower! Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOvely card you've made with the paperpiecing technique!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adore the flower, love the layering and those colours are so warm. Beautiful Sue. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sue, your paper piecing project is gorgeous, and beautifully stamped. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this Sue! Your flowers are gorgeous and I love the color contrasts.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!