Friday, 1 March 2013

Silver Wedding

I'm in the thick of making family birthday,Silver Wedding anniversary and Mother's Day cards at the moment. I always try and get ahead but then they seem to creep up on me ! The card I'm sharing today is the first Silver Anniversary card and is an 8 x 8 size, so there's lots of space to fill !


I started with the background and blended Pan Pastels over white card stock that I'd stamped with the Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes stamp and embossing ink. The hot air balloons are by Artistic Outpost and B Line Designs. I stamped the AO balloon first and then masked it off and stamped the B Line Designs balloon. I've done some random stamping with the script stamp from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set. For the horizontal piece of stamping I've used the Elegant Flourishes set again but I've stamped on to tissue paper and cut around the pattern. I then very lightly blended some DI around the edges. To create the layers in the centre I've used another stamp from the Artistic Outpost Exposition set and stamped on packing paper and used some Katzelkraft stamps on the card layer. The hearts are all cut out using a Sizzix die and I've dry embossed two and heat embossed two with silver EP.


The year is also from the Paris Exposition set but when it started out it was 1889, which was really handy as I needed 1988 ! So I stamped the date, cut it up and re-arranged the numbers ! The main image is a Flonz Craft stamp which I thought was perfect for an anniversary card. The flower is made from Crinoline and the Tattered Florals die, I've just tipped the edges with some Broken China DI. The large letters and numbers are all cut using the Tim Holtz WordPlay die. For the numbers I've blended DI over them and then, using a Versamark pen, I've drawn around the edges and then embossed with silver EP. The letters have been painted with acrylic paint and had a coat of PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze added, then a top coat of acrylic paint. The little corner embellishment is by Melissa Frances and I've painted it with watered down acrylic paint. To finish, I zipped around the edge with my sewing machine, some of the gorgeous May Arts crocheted lace and some seam binding.

So, that's one down .........still too many to go !

I'm also entering this card into the Artistic Outpost Referral challenge for March which is anything goes. 

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. I love all the varied stamps and how well they work together. This will be a treasured keepsake for the recipients.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue
    This is brimming with beauty, such a special card.
    I am enjoying the 8"x8" card size myself, fun to have all that space.
    I can relate to your card making sessions, like you I try to work in advance but sometimes that plan falls apart!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Sue. Gorgeous layers. A fabulous keepsake to be treasured

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning as always Sue, the colours are fab :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Sue. Love the layers and what a perfect choice of stamps. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Sue, gorgeous background stamping, so stylish and love the silver blue. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. BeautifulSue, love the colours and images you have used to create this wonderful card.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sue this is such a beautiful card, so delicate and such lovely stamping. i'm sure it will be treasured.
    Have a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! The crackle, the images, the numbers, the stitching...all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Sue, it looks very much like a very pretty scrapbook layout and will be one to keep I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!
    Sue, das ist eine wunderschöne Karte für die Silberhochzeit.
    Ich bin begeistert über die vielen schönen Details.

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue, I just love this stamp! You have made it come alive with the subtle colours and stylish layout. A very classy card Sue!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!