Monday, 4 March 2013

Spring is in the air !

I have to say after the last few days it really is beginning to feel like Spring is on it's way here in the UK. 
I do love the change of seasons, I don't have a favourite as each one has elements that I really love. One thing I am looking forward to is opening windows and letting fresh air in !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Vintage Stamping Challenge and for the next month the challenge is Spring is in the air ! 


I started with the background and blended Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey DI over the background and then used the Spritz and Flick technique. I then stamped the leaves from Lin Brown's new stamps using Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint. I also used a stamped from the Tim Holtz Mized Media stamp set. The text is from a PaperArtsy stamp set which I stamped with black Archival ink. I painted the corrugated cardboard with Moonlight Fresco Finish paint and then went over the top with Hey Pesto. When that was dry I spritzed it with Dylusions Melted Chocolate spray. The lace has been coloured using Antique Linen Distress Stains which I then spritzed with water.


The owl is a Flonz Craft stamp and I've watercoloured it using Distress Markers and blended DI around the edge. The leaves are from another set of Lin Brown's new stamps and I stamped them using Guacamole Fresco Finish paint onto Kraft card. When the paint was dry I cut them out and stamped the text from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace stamp set with black Archival ink. To finish I've added some buttons from my stash.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to see the rest of the DT''s fabulous projects.



11 comments:

  1. Your card really makes me feel like spring has sprung Sue, the colours are of the new buds peeking through. Love the design and layout and Lin's leaves are a statement piece. Love this.
    Hugs {Brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, wow...a really stunning creation! I love the background and the layering is just beautiful. I love the fresco colours...they are so fresh and soft.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning project!! Love the depth you have created with all the different layers, and it's all in my favourite spring colours... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue style stamping! Is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoe beautiful, Sue! Love the 3D aspects and such fab fresco colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous Sue. The owl looks fabulous amongst all those beautiful embellishments.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, yum, yum - this is simply lovely, Sue!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fabulous layering and colours Sue. This brilliantly evokes spring days and beckons to go outside. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Sue, the greens are lush and spring like, and the owl is beautifully stamped. Love your article in craft stamper too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The depth of colours are beautiful Sue, a fantastic piece all round. It is lovely to see Spring just around the corner. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful card in great colors. Love the owl image.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!