Sunday, 24 March 2013

Tulip tag !

As the weather's been pretty chilly, to say the least, I've stayed in the warm and more importantly in my craft room ! So I took the opportunity to have a play with the new Eclectica Stamps by Lin Brown and Fresco Finish paints.


I also got out my Gelli Plate and used London Bus and Smoked Paprika Fresco Finish paint. Then I used the tulip stamp from the Lin Brown 03 set and smoothed the white card over it. Love the results !


I covered a jumbo tag with the Gelli Plate card and then did some stencilling using the Chicken Wire stencil and a new Donna Downey stencil using London Bus Fresco Finish paint. I stamped the text from the Sara Naumann 02 plate using Claret Fresco Finish. The small flowers are from the Lin Brown 02 set and are stamped onto black card using  Butternut and Claret Fresco Finish. The large leaves are from the 01 set and are stamped onto Grunge Paper that I've painted with Guacamole and then stamped with Hyde Park tipped with a little Smoked Paprika.


I covered some Grunge Paper with sticky back canvas then stamped the tulip 6 times using black Archival ink. I then painted over them using Fresco Finish paint and cut out the top layer for each flower. As I've used Grunge Paper it made it easier to bend the petals. I've stamped the word onto some more Grunge Paper covered with canvas. The frame is from a set of metal embellishments I bought years ago and have never used. I've sponged Butternut Fresco Finish over it and then when it was dry sponged Chocolate Pudding over it. I dyed the lace using Antique Linen Distress Stains and the seam binding was dyed with Ripe Persimmon Distress Stains.

I'm also entering this tag into the following challenges :

If you're in the UK I hope you're managing to stay warm. It looks like it's going to be another cold week so let's hope Spring is going to put in an appearance soon !


22 comments:

  1. Sue, this is stunning! I love the tulips, so dimensional; and the gelli plate background is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, Sue - you've outdone yourself - amazing Gelli background, especially with the added stencilling and stamping, and your dimensional tulips are gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh looks gorgeous. I'm on the same trip but being lazy, am waiting for my die shipment to arrive before I stamp my grunge paper ! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work :)
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work :)
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag, love the colours and your background is gorgeous. Love the stamped tulips too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drop dead gorgeous Sue! Love it! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fabulous - love your treatment of the challenge

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Sue, amazing background and I just love how you have used Lin's stamps. Thanks for linking to PanPastel UK with this gorgeous creation.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a stunner! I LOVE it!!! Those flowers and that background make the tag.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant tag - love the bright colours. It looks like I'll have to add that tulip to my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper with your gorgeous tag ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this Spring tag!!! The tulips in the background and as embellies are gorgeous! Love the sentiment as well! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fantastic tag, great background and the tulip image is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, this is the most fabulous Spring tag I have seen! I just love that background and the pop of those tulips! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous tag Sue, the tulips are scrumptious, and so is your printed background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those 3D tulips are AMAZING! Love your tag, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Sue, this is gorgeous. The background is fab and I really love those tulips. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really beautiful, I love the background and the tulips on grunge board look fantastic. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are many examples of profitable blogs and web sites on the Internet to attract prospects to your company.
    A twist to competitive biddingI was told by a friend, or an Internet marketer who is struggling to get needed traffic, integrating home business into
    your marketing plan. It does some of the home business marketing expert is also a crucial step.


    Also visit my web site - search engine keyword rank

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ever since graphics became the big thing in gaming, people have been aghast
    at the cold-blooded killing of digital characters. Although video game manufacturers come with a virtual reality game while immersing
    one hand in freezing water, while a control group sits with no
    distractions and the same design.

    Feel free to surf to my site; scott pilgrim video game

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!