Wednesday, 3 April 2013

April in Paris !

It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this time the lovely Donna has chosen April in Paris. Here's what Donna has to say:


"April in Paris" - Think Spring in Paris...outdoor markets and cafes, daffodils, tulips and lavender in bloom, and flowering trees.  Must include an image of a French landmark, such as the Eiffel Tower, French text or a French word.




I was bought some lovely Serendipity stamps a few years back and when I saw this challenge I immediately thought of them.  This one is actually Spring in Provence, so a little further south than Paris! I started by painting the door hanger with Snowflake Fresco Finish paint. Then I gave it a coat of Moonlight Fresco Finish. The french text is from a Katzelkraft stamp set and I've used Squid Ink to stamp it over the hanger. I've stamped the main image on to tissue paper and painted it on the reverse, making sure to go over the painted area with Snowflake Fresco Finish so the colours would show up when it was stuck to the hanger. I then used the lavender stamp from the Artisic Outpost Flower Market set. I've used Squid Ink and Hey Pesto Fresco Finish.


The french text is from the Artistic Oupost Paris Exposition set and I've stamped it with Squid Ink Fresco Finish onto some Grunge Paper that's been covered with Moonlight Fresco Finish. Apart from the roses the rest of the flowers have been made using the Tim Holtz Flower Garland die. The purple centres are made using a small flower punch following the instructions here.

I'm also entering this project into the Artistic Outpost Referral for April which is anything goes and also the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is anything goes too !

17 comments:

  1. Oh la la...this is so very pretty Sue, with some lovely stamps!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks fabulous and very, very French! Love the shabby finish on the wood and all the gorgeous finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    Ein wunderschönes Tür-Schild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful! Love the theme and it's really pretty! Love the windows, with the shutters. And the flowers are gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue...I love your Parisian door knocker! I love doors and windows...so this is something that really caught my eye! Love the background. Love the colorized door! Love the dimensional flowers and touch of lace! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your door knocker with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, this is a gorgeous Paris themed project! Love that pop of the turquoise door and sweet lavender. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic door hanger, a gorgeous eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a wonderful door-hanger, love the subtleness of the colours and the amazing distressed feel of it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh la la!! I love it!! That door is positively gorgeous!!! No joke!!! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that stamp Sue and how it sits on the wall of lilac, very beautiful indeed.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tamping, Sue. Love that lacy add-on and the flower.... great embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely hanging, Sue - your Fresco paintwork is so pretty, and all the stamping is gorgeous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is gorgeous Sue, so pretty. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous piece Sue, I love the door image, really eye catching. Love the subtle background and your added flowers. Gorgeous.mthanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stwmp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, this door hanger is stunning! I love the colors (two of my favorites). The door image also speaks to me as I love photos of doors and windows! Thanks so much for creating such a lovely piece for my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Your work is always so amazing and very inspiring! This is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and inspiring! Lots of love from Laura xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!