Sunday, 21 April 2013

Getting sentimental !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and the lovely Esther has chosen Sentimental for the next challenge. So, it's time to let your Sentiment take centre stage on your project !




I've used a chipboard page for this project. I gave it a coat of Snowflake Fresco Finish, then I decided to add some texture so used the Mini Marakesh stencil with Grunge Paste. Once this was dry I  gave it a coat of Bora Bora Fresco Finish I dried this with my heat gun and then started adding more layers of Fresco Finish, drying between each coat so they don't all blend into one muddy colour !


I used a stencil with some Bora Bora Fresco Finish and then used the Sanded background stamp by Stampin' Up using French Roast Fresco Finish.


I really like the effect of this stamp, I don't know why I don't use it more often ! I've then brushed Aquamarine and Sapphire Treasure Gold around the edges and over the texture.


I've used an Artistic Outpost stamp for my sentiment from the Typography set. I used Fresco Finish paint, Bora Bora, Beach Hut and Inky Pool on some card, which has been cut out using one of the Sized Arches then stamped the sentiment using black Archival ink. I've then edged it with lace and layered it onto a piece of Kraft card that I cut out by hand after drawing round the Sized Arches die.


I've painted the Filigree metal and the cogs with Fresco Finish and then brushed Aquamarine and Sapphire Treasure Gold over it.


The flowers are actually buttons that I picked up the last time I was at The Bead Scene. I've painted them with Bora Bora, Beach Hut and Inky Pool Fresco Finish and when they were dry I brushed more Treasure Gold over them.



I really love how the paint and Treasure Gold has transformed these flowers and the effect on the Filigree metal. The stick pins have also been brushed with Treasure Gold. To hang it up I've looped thread through the holes and attached some link chain with split rings.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge. 

I'm also entering this project into the following challenges:






28 comments:

  1. Love this Sue. It's almost a shame to cover up that background! Now more Treasure Gold is on the wish list!! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful is your background. Your fantastic stamping and textural effect are stunning, love those altered flowers so ccol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, wow, such lush colours that look stunning! I thought that you had made the flowers!!! But what gorgeous buttons! Love them.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue this is such a glorious hanging. The background is the perfect backdrop for the other wonderful elements you have added, especially those delicious flowers, and the vibrant blue colour radiates the feeling if summer.
    Happy Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue...your sentimental piece is gorgeous. I love the colors and the iridescence you've achieved with the Fresco paints and the Treasure Gold. So pretty! I love how you've stacked and arranged your sweet flowers and other metal elements. That look fantastic with your sentiment nestled amongst them. Love the arch die cut, too. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely project with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic piece Sue, the colours are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one stunning piece! Love the sentiment and the colors are so beautiful! Really pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this looks fantastic Sue, gorgeous creation and I just love the colours you used. Great textures too, a stunning make!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful project, the colours look gorgeous.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is gorgeous and chock full of wonderful techniques. I love how you have married the metal with the altered floral buttons.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous background, and a great sentiment. Love the flower buttons, a great find.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's absolutely beautiful, Sue. Love the layering and texture, and of course the gorgeous flowers too. Thanks so much for joining us at eclectic Paperie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sue! What terrific texture and shimmer on your creation. The sentiment is fabulous and the embellishments look stunning.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's breathtaking, fantastic texture and colors. The flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Scrumptious layers in your background, Sue, and those flowers look stunning! Lovely to have you play along at AO and eP!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Sue, this is stunning. I love all the texture and the colours are so vibrant. Those buttons are gorgeous. Hope you've had a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning! You have the magic touch! That background texture and the flowers rock.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  18. STOP making such lovely tbings ... it makes we want to create more.... hehe : GORGEOUS! LOVE your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful as always, Sue! Love the framing of the sentiment and the floral display! The colors a luscious and love the way you painted the flower to blend so perfectly! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning Sue..love the way you built up the layers and the flowers are beautiful!!
    Thanks for joining us over at eclectic Paperie.
    Hugs
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just gorgeous Sue - love all the texture and the colours are fabulous - great sentiment too ! Esther xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow - it´s a beautiful and very elaborate detailed art work - an absolute dream!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sue....what an inspiring piece..........have to say that I just love the texture and metal. Those buttons are fabulous...what a great buy.

    Very inspiring

    Crafty Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Sue, gorgeous! Love the background, it's beautiful texture. And the way you coloured the flowers, just wonderful. Hugs and happy day, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so glad you showed us a step by step Sue as we wouldn't have seen the amazing background in so much detail. All you have used to cover is just mind blowing. Love everything.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I lve the deep blues here , suc a gorgeous make..those flowers arecfab too!nthanks for joining us at country view crafts challenge trace x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on your win over at eclectic Paperie beautiful work x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!