Friday, 26 April 2013

IndigoBlu Board

Today's piece was inspired  by the challenge over at IndigoBlu's Forever 21 Challenge. I've missed out on playing in the last challenge so was determined to make something for the current one which is flowers.


In a recent parcel from PaperArtsy there was this piece of thick board as part of the packaging. I thought it was perfect for having a little play with Fresco Finish paints and Inidgo Blu stamps. I used a Donna Downey stencil and Grunge Paste and while the stencil was still in place I spritzed the large stamp from the Bloomin' Great set and stamped the swirls on the stamp into the Grunge Paste. Once dry I gave the whole board a coat of Vanilla Fresco Finish. Then I used Pansy and Squid Ink and a baby wipe to blend it over the board. I used Vanilla and Squid Ink with the same stencil and the 'bumping' technique. I stamped the tape measure from the Sewing Mends the Soul set and the leaves and flower from the Bloomin' Great set with black Archival ink. I then decided it all needed knocking back as it was too strong a colour. I used Vanilla again with a baby wipe and wiped the paint over the top. I then used the Bingo stencil and more Vanilla and added some numbers randomly over the board.


I've used the Tim Holtz Arches die and cut the large one from corrugated cardboard and rubbed Pansy over the top. The three smaller arches have been stamped with the two small flowers from the Bloomin' Great set using Dusty Concord DI. I've then blended DI over the card and used the Honeycomb Texture Fade EF. I've brushed White Fire Treasure Gold over the raised surface, which I think you can just about make out on the above photo. The little lock on the left hand panel is by Melissa Frances and I've dabbed Pansy and Squid Ink on it and then White Fire Treasure Gold. The main image is from the Sewing Mends the Soul set and it's stamped onto white card, cut out and then I've blended DI around the edge. The pearl stick pins have been brushed with Treasure Gold too and I've used a Dylusions spray to change the colour of one of the flowers to the dark purple. The little 1/2 number has had Fresco Finish dabbed on it too.


I've glued Filigree metal corners to the top two corners and brushed more Treasure Gold around the edges and over the metal. I love the effect that the Treasure Gold has on the textured areas of the Grunge Paste. I've also given the butterfly a coat of Treasure Gold too !

I'm also entering this project into the Country View Crafts challenge which is butterflies and Eclectic Paperie which is Flowers.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow as I'm going on one of Lin Brown's fabulous workshops at The Bead Scene. We're going to be carving stamps, so can't wait to see the results !

Hope you all have a great week end !




20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sue, wonderful colour, dimension and texture. Love how you stamped into the paste too. Gorgeous flowers and image. Love your use of the arch die. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's fantastic - great texture, colors and details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really delicious, Sue - it's so full of gorgeous texture and beautiful antique gilding... lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL, Sue! The colors and touches of gold are so elegant! Love the stenciling and all that glorious texture! Wonder in any one sells Treasure Gold here! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue...love this make. Lots of wonderful techniques and texture. Great colours and so much detail.

    I love it x

    Have fun at the workshop and have a great weekend

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I could look at this all day Sue! Wonderful, beautiful crafting. Enjoy the workshop. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous make Sue. I love the richness of this piece produced both by the colours and textures. A great design.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab piece, just loving all the textures and stamping. What a beautiful, opulent make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous and special. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning,sooo beautiful.I love it a lot.
    Greetings
    Felicie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meine Güte, was für ein fantastisches Kunstwerk.
    Eine super Leistung.
    Ich kann mich gar nicht satt sehen :-)

    Sonnige Grüße xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tsk... my apologies - should also, of course, have said - thank you so much for playing along with us at eclectic Paperie with this beauty!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the background and the chicken wire - all makes for a gorgeous canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. An amazing piece Sue with such vibrant colours. All that dimension really makes everything pop.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just me back again Sue to say it's lovely seeing your fantastic card at Country View Challenge this month. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Swooooon.. stunning work of art Sue...the colors, flowers...textures love it all!!
    Thank you so much for linking up over at eclectic Paperie and good luck.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. This young lady could almost be sitting within a stained glass window here Sue. A beautiful project Sue. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my stars, this is stunning. I absolutely love the background with the gorgeous colours, texture, and dimension. It's crazy cool! The arches are wonderful and I'm loving the burlap with the gorgeous flowers. OK, I love every single detail. I'm delighted you decided to play along with our flower challenge at eclectic Paperie this time. I had a lovely visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is fabulous Sue, where do I start .... I love the colours, the textures, the stamps, everything in fact ... Great job!
    Thanks for joining in with the indigo Blu Forever 21 Challenge. Good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not a huge gold person, but every time I see it on your projects, I just love it! I love the deep colors, all the textures and stamping, and I'm in love with butterflies. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!