Sunday, 7 April 2013

Journalling at FSC

Sunday already ! I can't believe how fast the weeks are zipping by, I know I keep saying it but it just feels like the weeks are disappearing at a rate of knots ! So, onto today's post for The Fashionable Stamping Challenge which is a Journal page. Ellie is our host for the next two weeks and the challenge she's chosen is Journalling.


I know that Journalling isn't everyone's cup of tea, and to be honest it wasn't mine until recently when I went on a workshop and fell in love with it ! The main thing about it is there are no rules, whatever you want to do is fine, it's your Journal and is there to capture and reflect your own thoughts and feelings. For these pages I started by thinking about the time I spend in my craft room and how I believe they are golden hours.

I've used an old book for my Journal as I wanted a large space to work on. I glued some of the pages together to create a sturdy base for both sides. I then gave the pages a good coat of Gesso but not totally covering the text on the pages. I then started to layer on the Fresco Finish paint starting with Bora Bora. I gave the pages a coat of Glue 'n' Seal after the first coat of Fresco Finish to protect the pages as they don't like too much liquid.


I've used a numbers, chicken wire and dots stencil with more Fresco Finish paint, using the 'bumping' technique for the dots. I've used a Donna Downey stencil and some PaperArtsy Grunge Paste that I've coloured with Hey Pesto Fresco Finish. If you've not tried this paste, you must ! The circles are punched from white card and then I've painted them with Fresco Finish, Crackle Glaze and then another coat of Fresco Finish. The butterflies are from a Katzelkraft set of stamps. The text stamps are from the Sara Naumann 05 set and the Lynne Perrella 014 set and the word Jounal is from the Sara Naumann 02 set. I've hand drawn the arrows and then stamped the little birds which is a Katzelkraft stamp. The large flower is a PaperArtsy stamp and I've painted the flower head with Zesty Zing Fresco Finish.


I've spritzed the pages with Dylusions sprays and used some Amber Green Treasure Gold over the raised areas.

I really enjoyed creating these pages, I hope you have fun too ! If you've not done it before now's your chance to give journalling a whirl!

I'm also entering this project into the following challenges :



30 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! Wow, wow, wow! Your pages are absolutely stunning! I just love every little detail! Have a wonderful week. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages Sue! Love the beautiful green and blue hues and the subtle textures in the background. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Sue x I love the colours and all the details you have added. Must give this a go.

    TFS

    Have a great Sunday and hope the week does not fly in as it usually does.

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it turned out FABULOUSLY!

    Well done on being the first entrant on the PP challenge too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this journal page :) Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous journalling, love this - and the colours are fab - Bora Bora is on my list for Ally Pally! I agree with your about Grunge Paste, it is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, love the softness of the greens and blues! The background and all the images and textures are stunning and so eye catching! Love this! Enjoy your Sunday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sue, how beautiful. The colours are beautiful and I love all the texture. Hope you've enjoyed some golden hours in your craft room over the weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue
    Stunning - the colours are so full of depth and I love your theme of nature. This surely took you so many hours.
    My first ever attempt was, disappointingly abandoned but I do hope to complete it once I return to crafting.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page, the background layers look great.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your page/s look sensational! Love the added texture, the chandelier and so many yummy layers! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many beautiful details, and the glowing colours and layers of texture are gorgeous... great pages, and great inspiration, as always, Sue - thank you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue...these are gorgeous art journal pages. I love the colors and the stenciling you have done. I also love the random stamping and butterflies and flowers. Such a sweet couple of pages. Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous journal pages! i love the soft blues and greens. Beautiful images! The texture is fantastic! Glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue, what fantastic journalling, the pages are beautifully stamped and painted, love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two fantastic pages in great colors, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fabulous project Sue, I love the stamps, colours and texture that you have added. Thanks for sharing it at both Country View Crafts butterfly challenge and PanPastel UK.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sue just been mooching at all the projects I have missed and everything is gorgeous as always. Whatever you make is absolutely stunning and very very pleasing to the eye.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing as always! I so wish I could do this! Lots of love from Laura xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey there thank you for sharing your fabulous project with the DT from PanPastel UK, love the colours and the background is fabulous Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo pretty Sue! Love it, so many details. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your colors and dimension, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh this is nice! I like how the texture paste with the stencil looks. Thanks for joining in our April challenge at Inspiration Journal! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really stunning pages, I love those beautiful colours and the stamped images and textures are gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous pages, Sue! Love the Fresco paints. I have the glaze but haven't tried it yet.... must remedy that thanks to your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are just glorious pages Sue - beautiful images and colours..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh WOW, this ist gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sue, I just love how you've filled your page with such dimension and colour! Art journaling is just so much fun and it shows in your work :)

    Thanks for joining us this month in the stencils and masks challenge at Inspiration Emporium.

    Hugs
    Spike

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this journal LOTS! Thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Butterfly challenge! Gx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!