Monday, 1 April 2013

Thank you !

We've zoomed through another month which  means it's time for the next challenge over at The Vintage Stamping Challenge. This time we would like to see your Thank You projects.


I decided to make a thank you card as I've never got one when I need one ! I started with the background and blended Pan Pastels over it and then used a Crafty Individuals stamp with black Archival ink. I then stamped a Crafty Individuals swirl over the card with embossing ink and blended more Pan Pastels over it. I've used a Tim Holtz Texture Fades folder and more Pan Pastels. I cut a dress form using the die from the Tim Holtz Mini Sewing Room set from black card, stamped the Crafty Individuals Swirl with embossing ink and blended more Pan Pastels over the top. The stamped dress form is from the same Crafty Individuals set as the background stamp I've used.


The main image is a Flonz Craft stamp and the text is from a Craft Obsessions set. The flower is cut from Crinoline using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower die and I've coloured it using the Tattered Rose DI.

I'm also entering this card into the Pan Pastels challenge which is Anything Goes and the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is also Anything Goes.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

17 comments:

  1. Besutiful piece Sue, love the Vintwge tones. Love the design and layout and your flower is gorgeous. Love the added brass embellishment. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sue. Love how you've used the PP's over that Texture Fade background element and the stamped background with the swirls. Very clever. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue! I love your vintage "thank you" card. It's shabby chic gorgeous! I love how you have used so many different images using a sewing theme to create such a lovey card. The two different dress forms look amazing on the left side of your card. I love the embossed measuring tape background. I love the little piece of delicate vintage lace and the shabby tattered dimensional flower on the lower right. It really balances out your design and frames your "thank you" so well! Thanks for sharing your always beautiful cards with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sue, und das an Ostern...
    So eine herrliche Karte hast du gearbeitet, mit wunderbaren Details..
    Ein richtiges Schmuckstück und traumhaft schön.

    Chapeau!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has to be the most beautiful Thank You card ever Sue....it's stunning. Perfectly pieced together.

    Thank for sharing.

    Best wishes

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Sue, beautiful card. The background is fab and I love all the little details, especially that gorgeous flower. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really beautiful, Sue - such lovely pastel colours, and that gorgeous stamp!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue...this is an absolutely stunning thank you card! The PP's give it so much softness. Brilliant techniques and layering too. I hope you have a fantastic Easter break.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Sue! Love the embossing and all the details! Fabulous thank you card!

    Wishes
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. SEW beautiful Sue! I love the embossed ruler design, and all the sewing embellies! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Sue, lovely colours and wonderful elements.
    Have a good week.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card, great sewing theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card Sue, it's so beautiful, I wish I could do something nice for you, so you'd send me a thank you card! :) Someone will be very lucky when they get this. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really stunning card. Love the way you have pulled all the elements together so beautifully and chosen such a beautiful soft pallate here. Truly vintage..Thanks for the inspiration xx
    Carol Tadden

    ReplyDelete
  15. The recipient sure will feel appreciated! Love the texture from the TF, the way you did the dress forms and all the layering... fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really gorgeous, I love embossing and the papers and the embellishments are stunning. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful! love the lace and trims with the seamstress images! Sweet card! Happy to have you playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!