Sunday, 5 May 2013

Anything goes at FSC !

We've got a really easy challenge for you for the next 2 weeks over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge which is Anything Goes ! You still need to include some stamping on your project but apart from that you can make whatever you feel inspired to make !

I decided to make something that pushed me out of my comfort zone. I've long admired the work of Anna Dabrowska and since I've booked onto one her workshops later in the year I thought I'd have a go at creating something in Anna's style.


I started with a piece of cardboard which I ripped off parts of the top layer. I then used Grunge Paste through a stencil for the circles and I also dabbed some Grunge Paste on random areas too. 



I've noticed that Anna uses all different, everyday items on her projects so I gathered together some buttons of various shapes and sizes, some paperclips and metal washers. I'd also got an offcut of some Grunge Paper that I'd stuck some lace to. Once I'd glued everything down and the Grunge Paste was dry, I painted the whole thing white with some Snowflake Fresco Finish. Then I started to spray with Dylusions sprays. At this point I really wasn't sure what it was going to look like, but held my nerve and carried on!



The sentiment is a Wendy Vecchi stamp and I've layered it onto a piece of cardboard and sandwiched a piece of May Arts crocheted lace in between. The little flower is made from Kraft Glassine paper that I've painted with Fresco Finish paints and then brushed Treasure Gold over and added a little Ideaology fastener to the centre that I've also brushed with TG. I've then brushed more TG over all of the raised areas.

So, something completely different but I really enjoyed exploring a new style. I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and make sure you check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.



18 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, what delicious colours in your project, and totally fabulous textures, just want to run my hands over it, so cool. Have a great day. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Sue, what a great colour combo and your Finnabair style textures have come out brilliantly!! And hey, I think I may actually meet you in person later on in the year... we are going to all have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous piece Sue, such lovely textures and colours, and a great sentiment
    Have a great weekend.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are going to looove Finnabairs classes...she was such a huge hit here! And her style so creative and beautiful. I love this Sue, so much interest and texture and colour! gorgeous!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous piece of Finnabair-inspired work, Sue! Gorgeous rich colours, and I love all the household elements you've included. Is it the Snazzy workshops you're going on? In which case, we're set for a rendezvous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue! This is a style I recently discovered in blogland, though I missed who it was attributed to. Thank you for sharing. I plan to check out the link. Your project is fabulous. I would never have guessed it was your first attempt. Bravo! Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you held your nerve Sue as this is fabulous. I am having a play this weekend and if my piece turns out half as nice as this I will be a happy bunny. Brilliant sweets.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliantly executed Sue, love the elements and colours. I am sooo looking forward to doing a workshop too.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project, the background and textures look amazing.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Sue and the colours are amazing!! I have just got some dylusion sprays so must give this a go!xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous project Sue, I love all the texture you've created and those inks have given such depth of colour. Hope your're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag Sue and so true to Finn's creative style. Which city are you going to attend the workshop in? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Sue! Love the vibrant colors and texture in this fabby tag! I also have been working on this style and just so loving it! I know you will have so much fun at the workshop! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a wonderful technique, your tags looks wonderful, love the colors and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the bits and the color is amazing...so bright and cheery! I love layered way to see so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see what you mean with the sentiment - you've tried and it turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow- you were right to hold your nerve, this is gorgeous Sue..fab layers and colours..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, major kudos for stepping out of your comfort zone. This is fantastic, and objects, colors, layers all fit so wonderfully together. Really excellent job.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!