Monday, 27 May 2013

One for Mum !

I've been busy making some birthday cards today as it's my Mum's birthday on Friday and I need to have one ready for each of my sisters to give to her. Always a challenge to make them all different, but then that's half the fun !


I've used a piece of paper from the Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby paper stack for the background. Then for the letter panel I used the stamp from the Artistic Outpost Secretary Pool set and Archival Cobalt ink, stamping first onto some scrap paper so that the ink was lighter. I then used the Telegraph stamp from the AO Ephemera stamp set and the script is the PaperArtsy Mini 44 (chich you can hardly see!). I've used lots of Distress Ink around the edge of the panel.


The main image is from the AO Flapper Fashion set and I've masked her off and used a stamp from the Secretary Pool set to stamp over her. The pencil was stamped three times and layered on top of each other to add some dimension. The old fashion phone is also from the same set and I've cut it out and blended a little Tumbled Glass DI over it. The paper flowers have been painted with Fresco Finish paints and the centre flower is a resin rose from The Funkie Junkie Boutique and I've brushed it with some Sapphire Treasure Gold. The little tickets are from the Crafty Individuals set 307 and I've used a Gem Clip to attach them.

I'm entering this in to the Artistic Outpost Referral program which is Anything Goes.

That's the end of the week end which has been absolutely lovely here in the UK. Keeping my fingers crossed that the sun returns soon !


8 comments:

  1. Lovely Sue, love the blue and brown and the added stitching. The images look wonderful together. Thanks so much for,joining in the AO referral program. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so you Sue. Love the stamping as ever and the layering of elements. So much to see I'm sure it will be a big hit. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderschöne Details und Farben, eine super Karte.
    Und ein herrlicher Hintergrund
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card, your mum will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is sure to love this! All of these AO images are wonderful and I love your color scheme! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mum will just love this card! Gorgeous colors and love the masking of the flapper girl! I just used that gal! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Sue, love the stamps and colours.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, in my favourite colours! Lovely to have you play along at AO!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!