Saturday, 25 May 2013

Secret Garden Canvas

Well at long last the sun has finally decided to show it's face and it's been such a beautiful day here today. I wasn't planning on spending any time in my craft room today as the lure of the good weather has kept me outside. However, I did manage to sneak up there for an hour to finally finish my canvas from Lin Brown's wonderful workshop last Sunday. I've been playing around with the position of things on and off all week. For those of you that know me, I'm not a speedy crafter and when there are decisions to be made it does take me some little time to make them !


 This project was all about how to use the fabulous PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints. There was lots of layering and stencilling on the background to get the desired effect.



 All of the stamps that have been used are also PaperArtsy stamps. The backround for the flowers in the arches was also created with Fresco Finish paints.


 The swirls and poppy die cuts were all painted with Fresco Finish too.


 I made the large flower at the top with Crunchy paper and the centre is a button that I've painted with Fresco Finish and brushed Treasure Gold over.


I cut the book plate from metalk and then used Little Black Dress and Treasure Gold to distress it.

This was an absolutely fantastic day and I've learnt so much about how to use Fresco Finish. If you've not tried them you really need to !

Hope the sun is shining where you are ! We're going to take the opportunity to light the barbecue tonight, it may be the only chance we get !



14 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, Sue!! Enjoy your BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful!!! I would have loved to have done this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious, Sue - the layers and depth in that background are stunning, and the triptych of arches really shines for me in a beautiful, beautiful canvas! Hope you have a wonderful bbq...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely Sue well done you :)
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great canvas Sue, I love everything about it! The depth and layers and subtle stamping really bring it to life, the triptych adds a wonderful vocal element, beautifully balanced by the flower clusters and other embellishments, - a truly gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful canvas, such a fun design.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, gorgeous canvas Sue. Your garden seems positively alive with fantastic energy. Fantastic range of techniques. It's very beautiful. Have a sunny week, Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! So much to see, and I love each bit! Pure eye candy! Love the screen at the bottom...excellent! This garden is a magical place! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue...your canvas is gorgeous! Oh my goodness...I love the results you've gotten with the Fresco Paints. I love those. The colors are so matte and soft. Your canvas is truly breathtaking. I so love the background with all the text the blended colors then stenciling, etc. Just beautiful! your little triptych is so beautifully done, too. Gorgeous stamps and coloring. I love all of the embellishments, too...from metals to elegant die cut flowers, a work of art! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue there are so many fabulous details on this garden canvas! Love the garden arches and that metal tag is so cool! I can imagine it took a long time to decide where to place all the items, but it worked! I am slow also and at times I amaze myself how slow! Love this canvas and wish I could take that class! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's a breathtaking canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has to be one of my favourites of all your projects. Love the blend of colours, those stencilled flowers and all the elements which combine to make something that keeps the eye focused for so long. Round of applause for this Sue. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous creation Sue, wonderful elements and colours and I can see Lin's influences immediately. Lucky you on her workshop, I must look out for one soon.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!