Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Wedding White plus a colour !

It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this time the lovely Rebecca has chosen Wedding White plus a colour. Before I get into the details of today's post I'd also like to say 'hi' and welcome to my new followers it's great to have you here !

Here's what Rebecca has to say about the challenge:

Wedding season will soon be in full swing, it's time to create something that will convey your well wishes to the newly married couple. Weddings are breaking out of the 'all white' theme, so think cards, plaques, scrolls, albums or something 'out-of-the-box', in white plus a colour!

So, did this get me scratching my head or what !  I'm really not a wedding white kind of person so when I first looked at this challenge my mind went completely blank ! Then I got to thinking about all the different parts of a wedding and that led me to thoughts around how important memories of the special day and the honeymoon are.


So, I decided on a little book to collect those memories with a theme of Paris. I started by joining 2 pieces of card together and scoring at 9cm intervals. The front and back covers were covered using the stamp from the Tim Holtz Papillon set. I used the Doily die and stamped the centre of it with the Fabulous Flourishes stamp. The frame on the front cover is made using the Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplate die and the word Memories is a Chit Chat sticker. 


This is what the book looked like when it was finally assembled.



I made little pockets for every page so things like tickets and receipts can be tucked in them. I followed a sort of story in my head for the order of the pages. Starting with the beginning of the journey and I've used the Tim Holtz Ticket Die and stamped the centre with the ticket stamp from the Tim Holtz Going Somewhere set.


I've used a mix of stamps and on these two pages including Katzelkfraft, B Line Designs and Artistic Outpost. At this part of the story the couple have arrived in Paris and are taking in the sights !


These final pages are made using mainly Artistic Outpost stamps and at this part of the story the couple are about to come home and have just remembered to send their postcards !

So, after having a slow start I really enjoyed making this project and it is mainly white, right ?

I'm also entering this project into:


I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


17 comments:

  1. This is so clever Sue. Love how you've combined these images to create such a wonderful book to store precious memories. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!! I adore this, such a clever idea and so many fab details to admire!! Love how you have combined the stamps so cleverly to tell this story and I adore the stitching on the pockets! Fantastic project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project, its a great memory keeper.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Sue... that's just gorgeous! Love the stamping on the pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever idea and beautifully put together Sue, love this.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely; what clever ideas,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous creation, Sue - elegant, timeless, beautifully put together... and I'm on a hat-trick of thankings: Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Artistic Stamper, at Artistic Outpost, and at Our Creative Corner!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm speechless! Sue, this is just incredible. Sensational design and what gorgeous stamping! Certainly a keepsake to treasure and an amazing inspiration piece for our readers!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super make Sue...The colour is beautiful and I love all the stamps you have used. As Linda says...really inspiring project.

    TFS

    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue, what a gorgeous idea your Parisian honeymoon book is! The stamping is so crisp and beautiful, and love the addition of your stitched pockets. XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH is this gorgeous or what?!? So wonderful to do so many pages, and each one is a delight! I love the blue, white and black scheme, and the Paris theme is fabulous! The pockets and places to add are icing on this wedded bliss cake! Love this card Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning project Sue ~ but then again, I'm biased about anything that has a Parisian theme!! Thank you so much for joining our challenge over at The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog ~ good luck! :) ...Love Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning Sue - as always! This is just so beautiful! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forgot to say Sue! thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time :) Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work Sue, a lovely idea you've captured the romance of Paris with your choice of images and put them together beautifully x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!